Or sign up using Facebook

Lesson Suggestion: Particles Review

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

racum
Been Around a Bit

Lesson Suggestion: Particles Review

Postby racum » August 14th, 2006 1:03 am

Hello everybody

One of my biggest difficulties trying to speak japanese is the correct use of the particles, I mean, I know that "wa", "ka" and "no" means, but sometimes japanese speakers correct me when I mistake the use of "ni", "o", "e" and "ga". They usually can not explain me the difference because is so natural to them that they don't even need to think about it to use.

Also, I notice that sometimes the verb changes the particle, like "o" to "ni", and this is very confusing.

I think this is a doubt very common to beginners. Is is possible to prepare a class reviewing the proper use of the particles?

Thank you!

Ronaldo

PS. Your explanation about migi/hidari was VERY VERY useful! I can not forget anymore!! :)
Last edited by racum on August 14th, 2006 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jason
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jason » August 14th, 2006 1:34 am

This would make a good at least 2 parter.
Jason
Manager of Mobile & Mac Applications

Get 40% OFF
jkid
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby jkid » August 29th, 2006 8:22 am

I dont know if this overview will help you out:

http://www.timwerx.net/language/particles.htm

Bueller_007
Expert on Something

Re: Lesson Suggestion: Particles Review

Postby Bueller_007 » August 30th, 2006 3:03 am

racum wrote:Hello everybody

One of my biggest difficulties trying to speak japanese is the correct use of the particles, I mean, I know that "wa", "ka" and "no" means, but sometimes japanese speakers correct me when I mistake the use of "ni", "o", "e" and "ga". They usually can not explain me the difference because is so natural to them that they don't even need to think about it to use.

Also, I notice that sometimes the verb changes the particle, like "o" to "ni", and this is very confusing.

I think this is a doubt very common to beginners. Is is possible to prepare a class reviewing the proper use of the particles?

Thank you!

Ronaldo

PS. Your explanation about migi/hidari was VERY VERY useful! I can not forget anymore!! :)

There will likely be a thorough explanation each of the Japanese particles added to the grammar bank within the next few weeks.

Return to “Japanese Lesson Suggestions”