a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Karaoke, bowling, just fun stuff to do.

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

digitaljo
Been Around a Bit

Karaoke, bowling, just fun stuff to do.

Postby digitaljo » June 10th, 2006 4:45 am

I think a cool to a topic would be learning about a karaoke shop. Learning how to get a room, talk about different types of genres: pop, hip hop, enka..., maybe get to hear more of the voice actors sing :D.

[off topic] am i wrong to call the jpod voice people, "seiyuu"? how is that written in kanji? :? [/off topic]

Or how about bowling? How to get a lane, a good way to introduce shoes sizes (i guess), hear bowling terms in Japanese. :P

Well at least these can be setting ideas, right? Any form of entertainment that can help us listeners get a feel of what to do for fun and how they do it in Japan.

Bueller_007
Expert on Something

Re: Karaoke, bowling, just fun stuff to do.

Postby Bueller_007 » June 10th, 2006 9:49 am

digitaljo wrote:I think a cool to a topic would be learning about a karaoke shop. Learning how to get a room, talk about different types of genres: pop, hip hop, enka..., maybe get to hear more of the voice actors sing :D.

[off topic] am i wrong to call the jpod voice people, "seiyuu"? how is that written in kanji? :? [/off topic]

Or how about bowling? How to get a lane, a good way to introduce shoes sizes (i guess), hear bowling terms in Japanese. :P

Well at least these can be setting ideas, right? Any form of entertainment that can help us listeners get a feel of what to do for fun and how they do it in Japan.

seiyuu = 声優
Since they do audio performances, I'd say they qualify, yes.

Get 40% OFF
ali17
Been Around a Bit

Postby ali17 » June 13th, 2006 2:29 am

There is a rather large Japanese population in Seattle so there is a few Karaoke places where you rent a room and a TV to sit and sing and eat with friends. I went once and it was a lot of fun. I can't wait to go to one in Japan.

Return to “Japanese Lesson Suggestions”