a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Pachinko

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

ShiroiNeko
Established Presence

Pachinko

Postby ShiroiNeko » May 6th, 2008 8:04 am

Is there any chance of getting a JCC on Pachinko ?

What its origins are?
How do you play it?
Are there different types of pachinko game?
Who plays it?
Is it true can you win prizes?

As far as I can tell - this has not been covered before ---

FierceCat
:kitty: ooOO ( Grrrr-HISS !! )

Fedgrub
Expert on Something

Postby Fedgrub » May 14th, 2008 4:03 am

A roleplay conversation would be good on this though, but to answer some of your questions - yes you can win prizes for anything under 1,000 yen as they only give out notes larger than this I found. You gotta turn the knob and it shoots balls up. The balls fall down in between pins, and there is a hole at the centre. For each ball you get in the hole, the pokie will spin. This is identical to our pokies in Australia. If you win, you get more balls. Then you take the balls to a staff member and they print a receipt, then you take that receipt to the counter where they will exchange that value for prizes and/or cash cards. If you take a cash card you take it over to the curtained window and drop it in the box. The person on the other side will take the card and give you the cash to that value. People of all ages play it, but it is very expensive so I notice often that older people tend to be the majority. There are different types just like there are different types of pokie machines here, different themes and stuff but they all work off the same principle.

I dont know the origins of Pachinko sorry.
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Japanese Lesson Suggestions”