a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

ESL classes in Japan

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Benni
Been Around a Bit

ESL classes in Japan

Postby Benni » May 3rd, 2008 7:31 pm

First, I want to say "cheers to a great site" to all of the people out there making Japanesepod101 and the like possible. Very fun! to say the least...

My suggestion is this: seeing as (I think, anyway) many people learning Japanese are people who are teaching ESL in Japan, maybe Jpod 101 could do a lesson on dealing with difficult situations in a classroom setting. Dealing with a student who never seems to listen, or, dealing with angry parents...

I am a recent member to this site, so if something like this has already been covered, disregard.

Thanks, BB

sTeVe aUsTiN
Been Around a Bit

Postby sTeVe aUsTiN » May 4th, 2008 6:08 am

I'm not trying to be smarmy, but isn't that something your school should teach you?

How much experience do Naomi and Natsuko and Sakura and the rest of the crew have as ESL?

Get 40% OFF
kc8ufv
Expert on Something

Postby kc8ufv » May 4th, 2008 1:11 pm

Actually, many of us are overseas, so we're not in japan teaching ESL. (I suppose there may be a few, but probably a minority.)

Personally, my background is IT, and Emergency Management. A series on disasters might be good and interesting.
Last edited by kc8ufv on May 4th, 2008 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benni
Been Around a Bit

ええええと

Postby Benni » May 4th, 2008 2:05 pm

sTeVe aUsTiN wrote:I'm not trying to be smarmy, but isn't that something your school should teach you?

How much experience do Naomi and Natsuko and Sakura and the rest of the crew have as ESL?

uh.... just giving some ideas. Actually, everyone has the experience of education in one form or another. If you ask me, this has the potential to be a pretty friggen funny series.

Don't run with scissors! Sit down! Stop picking your nose!

If you have any ideas, go for it. I find it funny that you went out of your way to post something like that on a thread "asking for ideas".

kc8ufv
Expert on Something

Re: ええええと

Postby kc8ufv » May 4th, 2008 2:34 pm

Benni wrote:
sTeVe aUsTiN wrote:I'm not trying to be smarmy, but isn't that something your school should teach you?

uh.... just giving some ideas. Actually, everyone has the experience of education in one form or another. If you ask me, this has the potential to be a pretty friggen funny series.

Don't run with scissors! Sit down! Stop picking your nose!

If you have any ideas, go for it. I find it funny that you went out of your way to post something like that on a thread "asking for ideas".

I hadn't thought of those. Doesn't even need to be ESL, an elementary classrom series would work.

sTeVe aUsTiN
Been Around a Bit

Postby sTeVe aUsTiN » May 5th, 2008 4:45 am

Well, like I said, I wasn't trying to be smarmy.

But if you just want lessons that take place in a classroom, I've heard tons of them here. 8)
One was about a disaster drill or something.

Return to “Japanese Lesson Suggestions”