a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Text size

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

ismael_sg
New in Town

Text size

Postby ismael_sg » December 19th, 2006 11:52 pm

The features that exist on this site has opened many possibilties for me to learn more Japanese!

However, I have difficulties sometimes to read the Kanji since the text is very small. when I resize the text, it usually changes proprtion and the site design falls apart.

The one who can solve this problem and help me is a genius!

I´m sure that others also have the same problem with they try to enlarge the text!

Cheers/
Sweden no Iso

Belton
Expert on Something

Postby Belton » January 20th, 2007 11:27 pm

Maybe jPod could employ a stylesheet loader.

so depending on user choice a style sheet with larger kanji text could be used. Of course they would have to tag the kanji. and so would everyone using the forums...
mmm maybe that won't work. or would only work for jPod official content.

Some browsers let you load your own style sheets on a site by site basis, but the kanji would still have to be tagged in the html in order for it to resize independently of roman text.
(I tend to put tags on kanji on my site to allow it to be bigger so I can read it more easily. but I'm getting used to small kanji and nowadays I think I forget to tag it)

last wild idea would be a custom font with small roman letters! (or big kanji but there are less characters to remake on the roman side) Then if this font is used for the site the kanji will always be a few points bigger.

But prehaps I'm just thinking aloud again and you'll have to live with the design breaking slightly to get big kanji.

Get 40% OFF
JohnCBriggs
Expert on Something

Postby JohnCBriggs » January 21st, 2007 1:36 am

ismael_sgさん,
You are not the only one with this problem. The site seems poorly designed for people just starting to learn kanji. I have a lot of problems with the learning center with things like the vocab quizzes. Increasing the font size even one step makes some items dissappear due to the formatting.
Sorry I don't have any suggestions to help.
ジョン

Return to “Feature Requests”