Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Two things that would make jpod101 greater!

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

leolit
New in Town

Two things that would make jpod101 greater!

Postby leolit » June 5th, 2014 11:22 am

Good day, everybody!
I'm enjoying learning Japanese with Japanesepod101 very much! Wishing it be even better, I'd like to draw attention to couple of serious lapses.
1) No "my words" list in jpod mobile app! Incredible! It WAS there in earlier versions, but there is none now! How can it be? Learning words off-line on the go, when you have a free minute - isn't it the cornerstone of language apps on mobile gadgets? I understand that you have apps like "My word Japanese" etc, but they are NOT connected to your own word list, that you build learning lessons on the site. Btw flashcards on site app is very good, I totally like how it works, repetition mechanics etc, but it doesn't exist in jpod mobile app ((( Please, please, return it there! Just words list inside every lesson is not enough!

2) No advanced tool for studying Kanji. For example, other well-known site Chinesepod incorporates great tool from Skritter (http://www.skritter.com). It helps in studying kanji enormously! (They don't have it in their mobile version, though). I guess that there are other companies that have apps like that, if this one can't be incorporated for some reason. Sure, one can just use it separately, but when it is integrated with kanji that you are just learning in your current lesson - it is so much better!
Please do something in this direction. Right now "studying words" part on the site is very good, but "kanji" side is very weak. Your "kanji" section is just boring vocabulary page, nothing for training, not even kanji-oriented flashcards. And we all know that kanji is trickest part for all non-chinese foreigners ))
Saying all that, I think that your site and your lessons are terrific! Keep up good work! :)

ofeliadgrd
Been Around a Bit

Re: Two things that would make jpod101 greater!

Postby ofeliadgrd » June 14th, 2014 2:46 am

Hi leolit,

Thank you for your precious feedback!
We will keep it in consideration when improving our applications.

Please have a look here: http://www.japanesepod101.com/apps/#ill101
There is also an application with flashcards.
For more information, please send us a mail to .

Thank you again,
Ofelia
Team JapanesePod101.com
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Feature Requests”