Or sign up using Facebook

Random mode for Flashcards

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Zelg
Established Presence

Random mode for Flashcards

Postby Zelg » June 24th, 2013 3:29 am

こんにちは

So I love my flashcards. I find them to be a great tool for increasing my vocabulary (though I get stuck on learning new words and not enough grammar but thats my problem :P). I really enjoy all the options for them, turning off kana, romaji, having only english or having the word spoken, etc...

One option I would love to have (maybe its there but I can't find it) is to randomize the deck. A shuffle option. Using the core word lists, I learned 100 then 200 and now 300, so I combined them all into one deck. The problem though comes when the next word is predictable. For example, my newly formed 300 word list is starting off with some simple numbers and days of the week and months. The problem though being that when the flashcard for sunday comes up and then monday and then tuesday, you CAN'T help but to automatically know whats going to come next. It takes away the surprise and doesnt allow you to think quickly and react. Instead you already know whats coming even if you're not as familiar with the kanji as you'd like to be.

So, if it wouldnt be too much trouble, I'd just like a random button that could shuffle a deck so that the words displayed do not come in such a predictable.

Thanks again for having such an awesome site. Keep up the good work.

ニール

paloma_ill
Established Presence

Re: Random mode for Flashcards

Postby paloma_ill » July 6th, 2013 3:26 am

Hi ニールさん,
If you use the "Study All" deck, you'll all decks and flashcards shuffled in one deck :D
I hope that helps!

Paloma
Team JapanesePod101

Get 40% OFF
Zelg
Established Presence

Postby Zelg » July 9th, 2013 12:40 am

Hello Paloma.

I my only problem with the Study All deck is that it is literally studying all. When a card comes up and I see the kanji, I may not know it right away but the word is also written in kana below the kanji and romaji below the kana and those are written so close to the main part of the flashcard that I feel like I'm cheating, even if I'm trying my best not to look at them.

paloma_ill
Established Presence

Postby paloma_ill » July 12th, 2013 12:58 am

Hi ニール,

I've forwarded your suggestions to our technical team.
I understand the issue with the kana and Romanization showing... it's impossible not to look at it, since we're used with Roman letters.

I'll let you know when we have any news.

Thanks!
Paloma
Team JapanesePod101

Return to “Feature Requests”