Or sign up using Facebook

Flashcard Feature Requests

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

JPLemme
New in Town

Flashcard Feature Requests

Postby JPLemme » February 23rd, 2012 4:01 am

Hello,

The flashcards are perhaps 80% of where I'd like them to be. Here are some ideas for new features:

1. I find that lesson-based decks are too small; I sometimes remember/recognize words because I remember the lesson dialogue rather than because I would know the word if I saw it out of context. It would be nice to be able to generate a "Newbie Season 2 Deck" so that the word list would be large enough to ensure I actually remember the words cold.

2. I would like to be able to sort the deck's word list by...anything other than the order in which it was added. I added all of the individual NBS02 lessons to a new deck (see point 1), but it's full of duplicates, and without the ability to sort by word it's hard to spot the dupes. A random sort feature would also prevent me from memorizing the order of the cards in short lists.

3. I created a deck out of the 2,000 most common words, and then split that into "Verbs", "Adjectives", "Katakana Nouns", etc. This would have been a lot easier if there was a "Move to Existing Deck" button in addition to the "Copy to Existing Deck" button.

4. It would also be helpful to be able to Copy or Move to NEW Deck button.

5. It would be cool (although possibly not feasible) to get verbs and adjectives randomly presented in forms other than the dictionary form.

I hope these requests for new features are taken under consideration.

Thanks,
John

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » February 23rd, 2012 8:09 am

Hello John!
Thank you for posting your flashcard feature requests. :) I've passed the feedback on to the tech team in charge of the flashcards. We will take it into consideration!

In the meantime, #1 is fairly easy to do on your own: Click on Create a New Deck → Lesson Vocabulary → Absolute Beginner → Newbie Season 2. At this point a list of lessons will come up. Use the Shift button to select all of the lessons, and then hit import. A new deck with all vocab words from Newbie Season 2 will be created :)
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Feature Requests”