a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Please rename the My Feeds!

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

allen94306
New in Town

Please rename the My Feeds!

Postby allen94306 » February 18th, 2011 9:14 pm

Love the podcasts, love the My Feeds feature. I listen all the time =)

But I have a request: Can you tweak the My Feed feature so it puts the name I specify FIRST in the name of the feed?

Right now the title it uses is:
JapanesePod101.com | My Feed - [mytitle]

Could you reverse it so that it goes:

[mytitle] - My Feed | JapanesePod101.com ?

That way I can see the title on my iPhone.

I know it won't affect any existing My Feeds, but it will help us all when we create new ones.

Thanks!

1japanese4me
New in Town

I agree

Postby 1japanese4me » February 22nd, 2011 7:00 am

I have used this site, and subscribed for 4 years, and I have until only recently had time to look at the site and use it.

In the past, i would just download the audio files and take them in my car or to work.

I have always been very disappointed by how difficult these files can be to sort through on a I-phone.

So, i have manually sorted things out, but it still really erk's me to see www.JapanesePod101.co---- and then no more file details.

That and all the ad's. It's a real turnoff for real dedicated learners, the only ones who are going to actually stick to paying for this service.

I've always tried to introduce this site to many people and how great it is, but it seems that they are always shrug it off after a week.

Its all the ad's, popup's, and needlessness promotion.

Things really should be tightened up in that respect.

I will continue my support for this site, but I really hope it comes around and starts to think about its long term customers rather than just catering to people who just have a quick short time interest.

I know they have to promote themselves and make money,

But find better, shorter, more interesting ways to do it.

I know i'm not seeing the numbers, but...

from what i see, Praxis has a much better deticated community, and much easier to browse, nearly ad-free product

The overblown needless marketing on this site and the products is really wearing me down.

Get 40% OFF
hikikomori96851
New in Town

Postby hikikomori96851 » March 26th, 2011 3:30 pm

I kind of have the same feeling, to be honest. Love the lessons, love the hosts, love the sheer volume of material that's available, but...you guys really do market yourselves like spammers. :?

Over the past four or five days, I've gotten seven(!) emails promoting different lessons and reminding me to upgrade my subscription in the most condescending tone imaginable. Did I 'forget' to subscribe? Is my email client not working properly? Have I somehow not understand the previous half dozen emails extolling all the neat features you mention during every single lesson?

Look, the material is great, guys. It really is. You've managed to create around 1,000 audio lessons, filled with great content that's presented in a fun, accessible way. You've also made tons of cool supplement sheets, filled with notes and Kanji and all other kinds of cool stuff. But for goodness' sake, lay off on the constant sales pitch.

mhorie
New in Town

Postby mhorie » September 8th, 2011 12:57 am

any resolution to this issue? I also spend more than half the time listening to the lessons on iphone and have the same problem, it's impossible to find a lesson as the name of each title is too long,

ie. Lower intermediate S6 #18 - Cloudy with a chance of tadpoles in Japan - Audio

can you make a short name, abbreviate the lesson leve, number, etc and then add a key word, like :

LI-S6#18- Tadpoles

hope you guys can work on this

mhorie
New in Town

Postby mhorie » September 8th, 2011 7:42 am

after my own complaint i figured out a way to easily improve the title size for the Iphone. Go to your podcasts in itunes, select all of your episodes, right click and select "get info" you will get a warning that you are about to change info for ALL your titles, then just edit the fields where you see Japanesepod101.com etc etc, and either clear those fields or just put jp101 and that will change the title of the stream for ALL your episodes. Then just re-synch to iphone and you will now see a much cleaner easy to read list. BTW I use an app called speedup pro, it has instant forward-rewind customizable gestures, etc, makes studying very high tech and a pleasure. hope all this info helps you guys, ask if anything is not clear.

Return to “Feature Requests”