Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Why not have a placement test features??

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

huixi90
New in Town

Why not have a placement test features??

Postby huixi90 » April 24th, 2010 4:14 pm

I have to say that Jpod101 is a great website, but I'm often confused what lessons to take according my level now. I have taken some Japanese lessons previously and has passed the JLPT 3 test (not very good score though, I failed the listening part.

I went through some survival phrase lesson, and I'm surprised there are in fact a lot of vocab and phrases that I actually don't know.certainly I wish to explore every lesson, yet it's something impossible as it would take too much time.

Why not having a placement test feature that test students' proficiency level and recommend suitable lessons???
Recognising our proficiency level would allow us to have a goal to work on.

I'm a subscriber of Chinesepod, they have this feature, which I think is great. I took the placement test and they told me my level is of upper intermediate and have the recommended lessons for upper intermediate level delivered to my feed.

80/20 rule, let us work on the 20% and save the 80% for other stuffs or maybe learning another foreign language.

peachrules
Been Around a Bit

Postby peachrules » April 24th, 2010 11:50 pm

Good idea!

Get 40% OFF
huixi90
New in Town

Let's tell the administrator on our views!

Postby huixi90 » April 25th, 2010 8:31 am

Hi Jpod101 fans

If you think having a placement test feature is something good for the website,
kindly drop a reply here or your views regarding this

Many thanks
Huixi :D

Nika07
New in Town

Absolutely

Postby Nika07 » April 26th, 2010 4:49 pm

I am trying to study for the JLPT 3 as well and I would love to know which lessons would be the most conducive to my study! This would be a blessing. Great idea!

frelichb2905
New in Town

I'll chime in here

Postby frelichb2905 » August 16th, 2010 5:11 am

The hardest part I've found with this site so far is figuring out where to start. The placement test sounds like a great idea. Also maybe some kind of wrap up or mastery lesson with milestones.

How about even some greater checklist to work through that on one page you can see lessons you've done and not done?

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » August 16th, 2010 6:10 am

Thank you for the feedback! To let you in on a little secret, we are in the middle of planning a major site redesign that will hopefully address a lot of these issues. We have been thinking about the possibility of adding a placement test, and we are already planning on adding a checklist feature so that you can keep track of lessons that you have already completed ;)
Please be patient as it will take some time to implement all of these features (and more!)
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

Return to “Feature Requests”