a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Lesson Notes - Romaji, Kana, Kanji

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Yamanchu
Expert on Something

Lesson Notes - Romaji, Kana, Kanji

Postby Yamanchu » October 17th, 2009 12:43 am

Hi, I'm wondering if we can standardise the lesson notes. For example, in the lower intermediate series, for the lesson transcripts, we have kanji, kana and romaji. The vocab sentences are written with kanji only, no kana and no romaji. The grammar points example sentence(s) are in kanji only (not even any kana), but the grammar point review is in kanji and romaji, but has no kana.

Can we standardise this? In the lower intermediate series, I would understand if the romaji were to disappear, but where there is currently kanji only (the vocab sentences), shouldn't we also at least have kana? For the vocab sentences we are usually only talking about a couple of extra sentences.

Another possibility perhaps, is the native format that these lessons are done in. I'm guessing that they are done in Microsoft 'Word'. If that's the case, is it possible that we be allowed to download this original file, so that those of us who don't want the romaji can delete this before we print/use the lesson notes.

Cheers,
Yamanchu
Last edited by Yamanchu on October 31st, 2009 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

watermen
Expert on Something

Postby watermen » October 31st, 2009 11:00 am

I second the above post, if you guys are having so much trouble with the PDF, why not sent us the native format or the pre-PDF format? I am pretty sure everyone can open .doc files.

Get 40% OFF
Mojito
New in Town

Postby Mojito » November 4th, 2009 4:26 am

And considerable paper could be saved if the first page of a lesson that is only 3 or 4 pages long was not a cover page. Someday I would like to string them all together and get them printed all at once.

aussiejin
New in Town

Postby aussiejin » November 4th, 2009 9:26 pm

having all forms of text would be more helpful - so please keep romanji in :wink:

Yamanchu
Expert on Something

Postby Yamanchu » November 5th, 2009 3:55 am

Aussiejin, I'm only suggesting that by the time most people get to the intermediate lessons they can read kana.

mslozada
Been Around a Bit

Postby mslozada » November 5th, 2009 12:10 pm

/ 100% sign

Yes, I too agree with this.

@ aussiejin

If an intermediate student still needs " romaji " especialy in the 中級 lvl, then something is definetly not right. Sorry, but they should go back to the 初級 lvl and do some reviews.

ShiroiNeko
Established Presence

Postby ShiroiNeko » November 21st, 2009 12:41 am

Mojito wrote:And considerable paper could be saved if the first page of a lesson that is only 3 or 4 pages long was not a cover page. Someday I would like to string them all together and get them printed all at once.

I don't print out any of the cover pages - they are a waste of paper, ink, and space in my notes folder. And who needs an index for 2 pages of notes?

I write by hand at the top of page 2 the lesson type, number, and title

Return to “Feature Requests”