a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Japanese only 'mistery' tracks

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

mikuji
Established Presence

Japanese only 'mistery' tracks

Postby mikuji » July 7th, 2006 10:50 am

I had this idea when musing about the amount of Japanese I would like to have in the intermediate lesson. Too much and I miss the points, too little and I don't learn..Uhmm..

I really enjoy the challenge of understanding without explanation - but if not in the lesson, where?

Well, what about regular 'mistery tracks' - just Japanese no translation no, explanation. They need not be long and could be spoken at moderate speed (I mean not at usual native lightlning speed :wink: ). They could be any subject, say some news read out, an advert, a lonly heart ad or just a comment you would have made during the lesson anyway (from the cuttings Jonas throws away?! :D ). They would be self contained tracks so we can rerun them ad nauseam if needed.

The translation/transcript would follow the next week. What we student could do then is try to transcribe this ourself to try and translate it. Short length would make this manageable. We would probably repeat it to death until the penny drops..Sort of been dropped in the' medium-deep' instead of the really-deep end..

mikuji

Jason
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jason » July 7th, 2006 3:09 pm

There is already something similar to that in the informal tracks for the beginner lessons.
Jason
Manager of Mobile & Mac Applications

Get 40% OFF
mikuji
Established Presence

Doh!

Postby mikuji » July 8th, 2006 9:12 am

Silly mikuji!

I forgot I have a very useful 'pause' button on my MP3 player/computer! Any track is a mistery track before the explanation comes!

Sorry for wasting your time -Gomen nasai!

Return to “Feature Requests”