a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

ebook reader version

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

davidefiorello
New in Town

ebook reader version

Postby davidefiorello » January 29th, 2009 7:21 pm

Why don't realize a mobipocket version of lessons. Or a PDF version with ebookreader dimensions?

The pdf are very usefull for print but in the ebookreader they are too big.

pmf104g
New in Town

eBookReader Notes Version - Good Idea!

Postby pmf104g » February 23rd, 2009 11:59 am

I'd like to vote for this feature too! An ebookreader sized version of lesson notes, made with a 9x12cm screen in mind, would be very useful.

Get 40% OFF
Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Re: ebook reader version

Postby Ulver_684 » February 23rd, 2009 10:58 pm

davidefiorello wrote:Why don't realize a mobipocket version of lessons. Or a PDF version with ebookreader dimensions?

Davidefiorello-san! :wink:

I also agree with this idea, JP101 should try to consider it in the future! 8)

tnagpal
New in Town

Postby tnagpal » March 5th, 2009 12:33 am

Yeah, I just picked up a Kindle 2 and would love to have both eBook plus audio for each lessons. Not sure if the Kindle can do an audio and magazine subscription, but even if the lesson plans synced, well, that would be pretty hot.

Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » March 5th, 2009 12:53 am

Would be nice. It's quite a pain zooming in and out.

TonyP
New in Town

Postby TonyP » May 14th, 2009 11:32 am

This would be a really cool feature, it would be great to be able to look at the lessson note and kanji close up on my phone while listening to the lesson.

also not everyone has a iphone so we need more stuff that will be more usefull with other phones and devices.

teremka
New in Town

Postby teremka » November 12th, 2009 6:17 pm

that would be very useful feature.
print as for now is a bit too small to read.
and to be able to practice writing the pdf prints would need to be way bigger.
would love it though.

davidefiorello wrote:Why don't realize a mobipocket version of lessons. Or a PDF version with ebookreader dimensions?

Mojito
New in Town

Postby Mojito » December 20th, 2010 11:04 pm

Having just gotten a Nook eReader I would like this too. The PDFs display too small to be read. I tried converting them to EPUB format with 'calibre' (more information here) but it could not make any sense out of how you had coded them. If the notes were in HTML with UTF-8 I could do a much better job converting them.

Getting a Nook to display Japanese requires a little trick, but it is easy to do

EPUB format is understood by just about every eReader *except* the Kindle. Maybe Amazon will join the throng and add it. But until then, making the notes in at least HTML would be a help and we could do our own coversions to the format of our choice depending on which hardware we have.[/url]

tashippy5825
New in Town

kindle

Postby tashippy5825 » October 24th, 2011 7:26 pm

i have a kindle but i have no way to achieve full access to the jpod101 lessons on the road. i would love to bring my mp3 player and listen to a couple lessons, and study the lesson notes while i'm at it in between breaks from whatever english language book i'm reading for pleasure. (my kindle is the $79 one that just came out, it doesn't have audio capabilities).

note: I have found a few short story books that are engineered specifically for e-book japanese learning. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... le&x=0&y=0

kessenj
New in Town

Postby kessenj » October 4th, 2012 1:13 pm

As a fellow e-book reader, I would suggest you look at a program called Calibre.
It is free, and it works really well to convert between all kinds of ebooks, including PDF.

I haven't tried it yet with JP101, but I have it set to download from other news sources, convert and automatically upload to my reader.

I haven't used my Kindle in a while, but it should work to convert your MY Feed and send it directly to the Kindle in the correct format.

Jeremy

Return to “Feature Requests”