Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

J Horror!

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

animate
Been Around a Bit

Postby animate » March 6th, 2007 1:31 am

No, I was not insulting anyone. I was merely referring to the Guinea Pig series of films!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guinea_Pig ... _series%29

Cult gore classics!

New in Town

Postby 00017 » March 6th, 2007 7:43 am

Terrible series^

Highly NOT recommended

Get 40% OFF
Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » March 9th, 2007 9:36 pm

Thank you for giving us the name of the other guy that EGM interview too! 8) :wink:

Well so that means that Silent Hill is also a Jhorror movie like it or not! :twisted:

Feel free to keep posting about your favorite thriller movies from Japan or foreigner countries has well or any other topic, you would like to discuss with us! :wink: 8)

weatherbey
New in Town

Postby weatherbey » June 22nd, 2007 10:01 pm

Teiraa wrote:着信アリ2 :D ((One Missed Call 2))

I just watched one missed call final. It was totally weird... and not in a good way. But i like the actress horikita maki so i watched it :lol:

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Re: J Horror Movies and Introducing Myself!

Postby untmdsprt » June 23rd, 2007 6:24 am

Abrassart wrote:
Ulver_684 wrote:There are many J horror movies like Silent Hill,

"Silent Hill", a japanese horror movie?

The "Silent Hill" movie has been made by Christoph Gans, who is french (from France)... The videogame is japanese, yes, but the movie... :?

I saw this movie on the recommendation of a good friend whose no longer with us. :( He's a big fan of the video games, so I rented the movie. Hated it!!! The ending sucked!!! I'm guessing that if I had played the video games, then I probably would have liked it better. At least I would have understood it.

I do like one song that's on the soundtrack. I believe it's called "I want love". At least I have that to remember my friend by.

I've seen Infection, Ju-on, and Ringu. The American versions of the last two sucked!! To this day I won't watch any Japanese horror movie at night. :shock: They're too scary!!!!

FamilyGuy_LOST
New in Town

where do I get J horror movies?

Postby FamilyGuy_LOST » July 14th, 2007 5:13 am

Where can I find them? I was wondering if Netflix could let me order some. . . do you think? :? I LOVE HORROR MOVIES ! ! ! :D

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Re: where do I get J horror movies?

Postby untmdsprt » July 14th, 2007 12:26 pm

FamilyGuy_LOST wrote:Where can I find them? I was wondering if Netflix could let me order some. . . do you think? :? I LOVE HORROR MOVIES ! ! ! :D

I've actually found some at a local movie rental place. Others I've had to request from Blockbuster Online. I guess Netflix would have them also.

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » October 26th, 2007 10:20 pm

untmdsprt wrote:
FamilyGuy_LOST wrote:Where can I find them? I was wondering if Netflix could let me order some. . . do you think? :? I LOVE HORROR MOVIES ! ! ! :D

I've actually found some at a local movie rental place. Others I've had to request from Blockbuster Online. I guess Netflix would have them also.

untmdsprt-san! :wink:

Thank you for the advice, I also :kokoro: horror movies! :hen:

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » October 28th, 2007 9:38 pm

Here is your A to Z guide for more creepy J horror that are crept into anime! :wink:

Akaname
Bakeneko
Baku
Gaki
Harionago
Hitodama
Kappa
kasa-Obake
Kitsune
Ningyo
Oni
Rokurokubi
Shinkigami
Shinigami
Tengu
Yokai
Yosei
Yuki-Onna
Yurei

:obake: :blob: :hen:

the_haunted_boy
Been Around a Bit

Postby the_haunted_boy » March 13th, 2008 10:15 pm

Abrassart wrote:
Ulver_684 wrote:There are many J horror movies like Silent Hill,

"Silent Hill", a japanese horror movie?

The "Silent Hill" movie has been made by Christoph Gans, who is french (from France)... The videogame is japanese, yes, but the movie... :?

That is more proof that Euro-Horror is also catching on, (Off Topic) "The Orphanage" (Spain) is getting remade by Americans.

(Back to J-Horror)

I am a J-Horror fan, or Asian Horror in general, I spend so much of my money on DVDs and I also love to keep on top of the remakes and sequels and sometimes the J-Drama spin offs, "The Ring" and "Chakushin Ari" both had dramas AND mangas.

I am a horror fan all the way.

MattTheCat
Been Around a Bit

Postby MattTheCat » March 15th, 2008 7:51 pm

the_haunted_boy wrote:(Off Topic) "The Orphanage" (Spain) is getting remade by Americans.

Really? Do you have a link with info? I know that it was released in America (subtitled) back in November and again in January, but I haven't heard anything about a remake.

On topic: I really liked Kairo, but the American remake "Pulse" sucked completely. The entire theme of the movie was changed, shifting the focus from suicide and loneliness to technology.

the_haunted_boy
Been Around a Bit

Postby the_haunted_boy » March 16th, 2008 2:31 am

MattTheCat wrote:
the_haunted_boy wrote:(Off Topic) "The Orphanage" (Spain) is getting remade by Americans.

Really? Do you have a link with info? I know that it was released in America (subtitled) back in November and again in January, but I haven't heard anything about a remake.

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/mov ... remake.php

I love this website, I am a Horror Movie junkie and so I love to keep on top of all of the best scary stories.

visual_gaze
Been Around a Bit

Postby visual_gaze » January 31st, 2009 7:25 am

Yes, netflix has A LOT of Jhorror movies actually. Ive found many good movies on there and you can order them. You just have to know how to find them(which isnt all that hard) and make sure you dont confuse them with chinese or korean horror movies but they're in there.

haegela7938
New in Town

Postby haegela7938 » May 8th, 2010 6:30 pm

I don't really have favorite Japanese Horror Movies...

But I really like "Ringu (Ring)" * Ju-On (Grudge)"

Return to “Japanese Food & Entertainment”