a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

UNIQLO

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

fufutw
New in Town

UNIQLO

Postby fufutw » April 12th, 2009 4:11 pm

Do you guys know a Japanese clothes brand "UNIQLO" ?
Its price level is cheaper to compare with others in Japan,
and quality is not bad,I know it already has beanch in New York,
will have branch in Singapore and other southeast Asia countries as well,
hope it will have branch in my country ,too!
Just like Muji, so many Muji in Taiwan!

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » April 13th, 2009 1:01 am

UNIQLO is great! Like you said, the prices are very reasonable, and the quality is good :D They constantly come out with new lines so it's fun to stop in every once in awhile.
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

Get 40% OFF
zakojanai
Established Presence

Postby zakojanai » April 13th, 2009 2:54 am

Right now, everything I have on but my socks and boxers came from Uniqlo. It was one of only a handful of stores that had reasonable clothes my size. I'm 190cm so I was just at the limit of their XL sizes, which sometimes fit but sometimes were more often too small. What many people don't know is that Uniqlo does have XXL sizes, but they only sell them on their website. Unfortunately, I think the online store is only available to residents of Japan.

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » April 13th, 2009 11:45 am

I love Uniqlo!! I bought some clothes there tonight to get ready for my new job. It would be nice to be able to to buy stuff online from there, but alas I don't have a credit card yet.

For the women, I'm 175cm (5'9") and find their jeans are long enough for me. The hips/waist size is hit or miss, and I usually go with an XL in the shirts. I have to stay away from the button down sweaters, as I don't care to pop any buttons in the chest area, but their other shirts fit ok.

Uniqlo is nice that you can fill out your wardrobe with a lot of stuff and not go bankrupt.

fufutw
New in Town

UNIQLO

Postby fufutw » April 13th, 2009 3:14 pm

wow~ you guys are so tall!! lol :P
Lucky ne ~ living in Japan..
hope my next trip to Japan at end of May can come true! :)

zakojanai
Established Presence

Postby zakojanai » April 13th, 2009 8:44 pm

Correction, Fufutw: Lived in Japan. I'm not there anymore. And I wouldn't be all that jealous. Japan is nice, but Taipei is a great place to be too. The food in Taipei is amazing.

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Re: UNIQLO

Postby Ulver_684 » April 13th, 2009 9:48 pm

fufutw wrote:Do you guys know a Japanese clothes brand "UNIQLO" ?
Its price level is cheaper to compare with others in Japan,
and quality is not bad,I know it already has beanch in New York,
will have branch in Singapore and other southeast Asia countries as well,
hope it will have branch in my country ,too!
Just like Muji, so many Muji in Taiwan!

Fufutw-san! :wink:

When was UNIQLO beanch in NY? Here is the US site if anyone is interest:

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/

rtulman
New in Town

Postby rtulman » December 5th, 2009 3:39 am

The CEO of UNIQLO is the richest man in Japan ever since the economic downturn - with Japanese entrepreneurship being somewhat subdued compared to the U.S. I am not surprised that his innovative business model propelled him to richest Japanese citizen so rapidly.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/73/japanrich09_Tadashi-Yanai_UMKN.html

FeelYourUFO
New in Town

Postby FeelYourUFO » January 9th, 2010 7:52 am

Right now in Japan, Uniqlo has an amazing heat tech underwear product. Every Uniqlo I went to, people were just gathered around the heat tech shelves.

They've comfortable, and they work! It keeps me incredibly warm. Definitely pick them up if you are down there this winter. They come in a variety of colors and types (vneck, turtleneck, etc.)

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » January 10th, 2010 1:40 am

I agree with FeelYourUFO!! I wear one just about everyday these days :lol: :lol:
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

jhalton
Been Around a Bit

UNIQLO

Postby jhalton » January 20th, 2010 10:52 pm

ha, i think UNIQLO is basically just the GAP in japan, it's a little plain for my taste, especially after seeing all the crazy stuff they sell in harajuku. It's cooler looking than the gap though, american style is too conservative.

Japan is bad about making different sizes though, there were a lot of cool clothes I would have bought but even at XL they were made for skinnier and shorter people (I'm 187cm). I'm kind of skinny too, so I don't know how anorexic you'll need to be to fit some of these.

One of the coolest styles in japan is that crazy "3 pants in one" style where it looks like you have 3 pairs of pants and theyre all unzipped, but it's really just one. None of those fit me either, but they were all too expenso

Taiwan is awesome with the night markets, since I didn't buy much in japan i got like 3 pairs of pants at the clothing market in taipei, you guys have cool deals with the wholesale stuff. Those fit me perfectly, but I don't know why since guys in japan my age seemed around the same height as me while in taiwan I was usually the tallest guy around

:P

loolie
New in Town

Postby loolie » June 19th, 2010 7:15 pm

I love UNIQLO! I've only been to one in NYC and it was fantastic - my fiance also found clothes that he loves! I wish they would bring a store to Toronto or somewhere in Canada!

mooglemaster35822027
New in Town

Postby mooglemaster35822027 » August 26th, 2010 4:28 pm

I LOOOVE UNIQLO! It's like a cross between Gap, and H&M, only better! I'm really happy that I like so close to the one in NY! If I could actually wear clothes to school (I have uniforms) They would have half my money already! :oiwai: <<<<<Happy Dance!

cookielian9263
New in Town

Postby cookielian9263 » September 30th, 2010 9:48 am

Uniqlo has a few branches here already (Singapore) ! :oiwai:
It's hard not to spend money there >.<

Return to “Japanese Food & Entertainment”