a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

More about food

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Solvi
Established Presence

More about food

Postby Solvi » June 22nd, 2006 9:57 pm

I found this podcast called Josh in Japan, and in the first episode ("My first podcast", which is the only one I've heard so far) he talks about what he think is good food in Japan. It's a bit more in-depth than what we've heard here, and it's clearly from an American's point of view. Also, his pronounciation of Japanese words is very American :P If you're heading for Japan, you should definetely check it out!

www.joshinjapan.com

lucasburns
Been Around a Bit

Postby lucasburns » June 22nd, 2006 10:11 pm

I listened to that one yesterday too. I don't think he gives a fair view on Japanese food, as he is very reluctant to try new things, and brings with him his predjudices about other foods. He won't eat things for fear that it might, God forbid, be seafood! His favourite things are gyudon and curry rice! These are just fast foods in Japan. There is so much more good stuff to eat (and cook!). I have a food blog, in which I only post about Japanese food I have cooked. http://www.lucasburns.com.
However I am yet to listen to his podcast on bad food, and also some later ones to see how his opinions change, if at all. I think that he had been in Japan already a couple of years when he started the podcast, or at least married to a Japanese woman for a couple of years, so I am not hopeful that his mind changes.

Get 40% OFF
Solvi
Established Presence

Postby Solvi » June 22nd, 2006 10:20 pm

Hehe, that's true. But I think it's interesting to learn about the things he mentions anyway, even though it's just fast food, I hadn't heard about it before (look at me, I haven't even tried sushi yet, and that's easy to get hold of here in Norway..I think). :P

Return to “Japanese Food & Entertainment”