Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Vacationing in Kyoto & Tokyo (Oct 27th - 3 Nov)

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

ch0b1ts
New in Town

Vacationing in Kyoto & Tokyo (Oct 27th - 3 Nov)

Postby ch0b1ts » October 22nd, 2006 6:56 pm

This is my first trip to Japan and I'm extremely exciting since I've waited my whole life to go.

I'll be arriving in Kyoto the night of Oct 27 and I'll be staying 3 nights. Then I'll be taking the bullet train to Tokyo for the remainder of my trip.

I'm traveling alone but my plan making lots of friends while I'm there, so I don't think it will turn out to be a lonely trip. If anyone is there during these dates and want to tour together, send me a message.

Since this is my first post, here is a bit about me. I'm in my 30's, live near DC, and I'm a professional computer geek / computer security consultant (more professional sounding title for computer hacker). I've been kinda borded with life, so I decided to better myself by learning Japanese. I took Japanese 101 at the community college from Kenichi Haramoto. Haramoto sensei was a fantastic instructor even if he didn't have a firm grasp of the english language. I recieved an A in the class, the consequence of studying 20+ hours a week. I was looking forward to taking Japanesese 102 but they cancelled his class since I was the only one to sign up. :/ There is always hope for the spring semester. Currently I"m studyinging the 102 course materials and listening to the poscasts from this site which are very helpful.
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Visiting Japan”