Or sign up using Facebook

The "Seoul Shuffle" (Late arrival of CoE/changing

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

AlfredAndy
New in Town

The "Seoul Shuffle" (Late arrival of CoE/changing

Postby AlfredAndy » July 4th, 2011 9:12 pm

Hey guys,

I have accepted a job in Japan, and my Certificate of Eligibility is on its way. The only problem that I have is that the Certificate of Eligibility is expected to arrive at my house in the US around the beginning of August, and I have an orientation at the end of August. It takes about a week to process a working visa, and I can't leave for Japan without work visa in my passport...

As my departure date gets closer, the prices of plane tickets goes up. I talked to a member of my company and they recommended that I go to Japan on a tourist visa, then travel to Seoul when I receive my Certificate. There is a ferry to Busan that costs around 200$ for round-trip fare and a hotel. I feel that this option would be the most cost efficient. My main question is, can I land in Japan on a tourists visa if I have proof of a ferry ticket saying I will leave Japan before the 90-days is up. Also, will the ferry ticket have to be a one-way ticket, or can I get a round trip ticket and make it through Japanese immigration.

Thanks for any advice,

Andy
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Visiting Japan”