Or sign up using Facebook

Need help buying a baby monitor

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

chiana
New in Town

Need help buying a baby monitor

Postby chiana » October 23rd, 2009 7:12 pm

Hello...
We are a military family and getting ready to move to Misawa, my husband is already there... we have an 18 month old and would like to bring a baby monitor... Howerver I have read that certain frequencies are not allowed in Japan and I am having a difficult time trying to find baby monitors that are allowed... does any one have any suggestions or know of any monitors that are legal??? I have tried to search on google and all I come up with are articles stating that US baby monitors are causing interference....
Please Help if you can... I am in need of a new one now and dont want to purchase one I cant use in Japan....
not sure if this was the right place to post this....
thank you for your time!!!
chiana

gerald_ford
Expert on Something

Postby gerald_ford » October 23rd, 2009 10:22 pm

Hm, that's a good question. I would be less worried about the frequency than I would the differences in electricity and outlets. As I learned the hard way, a lot of basic electronics in the US won't survive the voltage found in the EU (where I lived) and Japan.

Actually, in Japan, there's a great children's store called Akachan Honpo, where my wife got her baby monitor when we stayed in Japan for a few months (our girl was about 14 months). I highly recommend the store for any baby goods you need to get. I am not sure where Misawa is, but if it's near a major city, you should be in luck.

Best of luck in any case.
--Gerald Ford: Pirate-Viking-Monk in training.

Blog: http://nihonshukyo.wordpress.com/

Get 40% OFF
davidbrucs_519882
New in Town

Re: Need help buying a baby monitor

Postby davidbrucs_519882 » February 1st, 2018 12:44 pm

I highly recommend Angel care sound and movement monitor. I love the fact that it has the sensor pads as they give you such peace of mind. You can use one pad when bubs is small and in the bassinet and then add the second one when in the cot. I used mine for 2.5 years with my son and will use it again when this bubs comes along.
If you really want a video they have an option with video as well

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Re: Need help buying a baby monitor

Postby community.japanese » March 7th, 2018 5:50 pm

Hi everyone,

Thank you for posting your comments! It's so nice to see JapanesePod101 users are helping each other!

Regards,
Miki H
Team JapanesePod101.com

Return to “Visiting Japan”