a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Apartment style accomodation in Tokyo

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

jkid
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Apartment style accomodation in Tokyo

Postby jkid » October 22nd, 2008 8:38 am

I will of course be doing some research myself but I was wondering if anybody has stayed in an apartment style accommodation in Tokyo and can recommend it?

Weekly Mansion is one option I have found. I will be staying with them in Osaka (unless other recommendations come through about that to.) They are also in Tokyo but I would just like to have multiple options to choose from and people's experience at a certain place will be helpful in deciding which to choose.

On a side note, I can't use a JR pass but the person coming to visit can. I don't know what do in this situation. Is it is worth it for them to buy a JR pass given that it is going to be really expensive for me to take the Shinkansen (this is in Feburary next year) and I will probably therefore, need to look at other travel options anyway. I was thinking of using an overnight bus service?

Thanks all. :)

JonB
Expert on Something

Postby JonB » October 24th, 2008 11:50 pm

If you book through a travel agency then quite often you can get really good deals. Last time my parents came over we went down to Kyoto with them and for not much more than the price of the hotel we got the shinkansen tickets as well.

Check out JTB Sunrise Tours. They have packages for visitors but each visitor is allowed to take two "locals" with them - at least that is how it used to work.

Get 40% OFF
jkid
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby jkid » October 28th, 2008 1:35 pm

Thanks JonB. I checked the website, from what I can see they do tours with a 2 day validity on the return ticket etc. I was hoping to spend a week in Osaka so I don't think their packages are what I'm after. I will look into travel agencies in any case. :)

JonB
Expert on Something

Postby JonB » October 31st, 2008 12:01 am

you can usually extend the trip but I think you have to stay in the same hotel. I would think that with the economy and strength of the yen then you will start to see good offers coming

Return to “Visiting Japan”