a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

When should a family visit?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

dat5h
Been Around a Bit

When should a family visit?

Postby dat5h » September 15th, 2008 5:11 am

Sorry that this is probably a repeat topic and thus may seem boring :(, but I will be moving to Tokyo in two weeks so I'm a bit stressed (!). My family has given a very intense barrage of questions regarding when they could visit me in my new home, but I am uncertain of what are good times to visit Japan. What I am trying to consider are weather, price, and interesting events/matsuri. Thanks in advance for any help you guys could give me.
デレック

Belton
Expert on Something

Postby Belton » September 15th, 2008 12:51 pm

Unless they're used to humidity I'd avoid summer.
Spring and Autumn are fairly pleasant times and you have either sakura or momiji to look at.
Although that makes it a popular travel season for Japanese as well.

Golden week, Obon and New Year are high travel times as well. However I've travelled at new year (although not through Tokyo) and found it ok.

Maybe a good time to visit is when you can take some leave to show them about a bit and spend time with them.

good luck with your move to Japan!

Get 40% OFF
JonB
Expert on Something

Postby JonB » September 16th, 2008 4:40 am

I would say end of March for sakura (cherry blossom) and October/November. By October the humidity has gone and hopefully most of the typhoons. November is great for autumn leaves.

Problem with these two is that you can not guarantee the blossom or the leaves :lol:

dat5h
Been Around a Bit

Postby dat5h » September 23rd, 2008 5:08 pm

Thanks a lot for the help you guys. I've definitely got a good idea now. I think March works best in my case for my work and their work, but I am glad to be moving there in October now :D
デレック

Return to “Visiting Japan”