Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Hispanic origin people in japan

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » August 13th, 2010 4:22 am

There's an excellent Mexican restaurant at the Kokubunji (国分寺駅) station on the southside. From Shinjuku, take the Chuo Line toward Takao (高尾). It was about 2000 yen for a set meal, but OMG it was heaven. The chef personally came out and told us about each dish because I had told the waitress that I'm American and just love Mexican food.

One dish had a cocoa mole sauce.

Here's the address for anyone interested:

Viva Japanesque
国分寺市南町3-28-8
Tel: 042-324-1746

They can speak English, Japanese, and possibly Spanish.

Anyone wishing to go there one evening please contact me and I'll go too!

Namake
New in Town

Postby Namake » January 10th, 2011 4:23 am

I went to Tokyo last year,

And probably there are not a lot of hispanic cuisine places, but I found some without really looking for these.
I remember a Mexican restaurant. called Fonda de la Madrugada, because It was really near to where I was staying in Tokyo. But, I also ate at some Spanish places - I think that there's one in the same mall of Tokyo's Advertisng Museum, but I'm not 100% sure - (tapas are probably the most common hispanic food in Tokyo, even more than tacos).

I traveled during the worldcup, so I found other Spanish speakers on pubs like HUB, and Estadio at Shibuya (mostly Argenteans, Chileans and Spanishes, but also Mexicans).

Also, If you are keen to find more hispanic places, there's a free tourist guide that you can grab at an information center in Spanish language called Guia Japón, published by International Press ().

They have some "ethnic" restaurants listed: peruvian, argentinian, and even one or two from Colombia.

:D

BTW: I'm colombian, and I have a friend that is living in Tokyo, so maybe I can ask her. If you still need some recommendations for hispanic restaurants.
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Visiting Japan”