Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

How much time do you need? Sample Itinieraries

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

What do you consider the minimum length of time needed for a trip to Japan?

1 week
13%
2 weeks
57%
3 weeks
30%

Total votes: 23

CrazySwayzee
Been Around a Bit

Postby CrazySwayzee » August 29th, 2006 1:39 am

The More Weeks, The Merrier.

you would want to make a list of everything you want to do and see how much time you'll need to do everything, so anywhere from 1 week to infinity.

kaminote00
New in Town

40 Days....

Postby kaminote00 » November 10th, 2006 6:47 am

Yup,

Last summer I went to Osaka area for two weeks. It was a great time, but no nearly enough to explore....plus i was with a group of people, so had to stick with the group.
This May, I returned for a total of 5.5 weeks, by myself. I got to see the city, and the rural areas. Rural is what I like more. In fact, I prefer it.
My trip started in Nagoya area (Kani City, which is on the border of Gifu and Aichi Prefecture, just north of Inuyama). I was there for a week. Then I spent the next 3 weeks in Osaka area (northern and southern). That was great. After that, I took a bus to Miyoshi City in northern Hiroshima prefecture (a city of 160,000: stayed with a Japanese pastor; most wonderful experience). I regret that I only spent 4 days here.
Finally I went down to Minamata city, on the southern border of Kumamoto prefecture, to visit an old friend of mine. I can say that the Lord blessed me, because I didn't pay nearly as much as I should've for a trip that long. And I have wonderful memories.
I will say that I purchased my roundtrip ticket for $636 (total:including taxes and other hidden costs) from a travel agent. So, for those of you trying to stay in Japan for longer. Be encouraged...it can be done. I am attempting to write a book about my experiences now. Peace.

Kaminote00
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Visiting Japan”