Expert on Something

Re: I miss Japan

Postby ericf » July 7th, 2013 4:36 pm

Teabag wrote:艾瑞克桑:
謝謝你這麼認真的花時間用中文回覆。為了你,再忙也要撥出時間寫出我說的那本書該頁的大意。
不知道全部用中文你看得懂不懂?我先用英文寫好了,如果你想要練習中文,可試著翻譯,
我很願意拜讀你的大作。 :D
Teabag先生,谢谢你。我一点儿中文知道。可是,我知道日文比中文低。
The first sentence was ok, apart from 認真 which was new to me. After that it was harder but with the few words and bits of grammar I know - and google translate's help - I think I understood you. Embarrassingly, I didn't recognize my name!

Thank you, also, for taking the time to summarizing the book's page on the colour 青. It's interesting to see the variety of uses for that character! It all helps to understand the language that bit better.

对不起,后期回答。

艾瑞克
エリック

cloa513ch2629
Established Presence

Postby cloa513ch2629 » July 7th, 2013 11:48 pm

community.japanese wrote:adlerb9202-san, エリックsan, マイケルsan, teabag-san,
kon'nichiwa :D

mmmason8967 wrote:Originally, Japanese did not distinguish between blue and green.

マイケル

:lol: :lol: This made me laugh :mrgreen: (I mean, the way you described)

That's very right!
It seems in antient Japan, there were only four colours: white, red, blue and black. So, .....a bit better than "TV"'s
three-colour thing :mrgreen:

I have no knowledge about Chinese and Vietnamese, but apparently they also have similar "blue" usage about
green things. The city name 青島 might have the routes there :wink:
Or, because this city faces the sea, it could have something to do with water or the sea...

Natsuko(奈津子),
Team JapanesePod101.com

That was three colours plus black and white- so by Japanese standards five colours.

Get 40% OFF
Teabag
Established Presence

Postby Teabag » July 9th, 2013 12:17 pm

ericf wrote:Teabag先生,谢谢你。我一点儿中文知道。可是,我知道日文比中文低。
The first sentence was ok, apart from 認真 which was new to me. After that it was harder but with the few words and bits of grammar I know - and google translate's help - I think I understood you. Embarrassingly, I didn't recognize my name!

Thank you, also, for taking the time to summarizing the book's page on the colour 青. It's interesting to see the variety of uses for that character! It all helps to understand the language that bit better.

对不起,后期回答。

艾瑞克

Hi Eric,
Sorry for making you feel embarrassed for awhile.
I, however, did this on purpose so that you could have more fun reading my comment.
English names written in Chinese seem very weird, don't they?
Hope you get a copy of the books really soon!:)

ericf
Expert on Something

Postby ericf » July 16th, 2013 9:07 pm

Hi Teabag,
No problem! It was interesting to see what characters you chose; I know a few possibilities in Japanese but hadn't known any in Chinese.
Cheers, Eric.
エリック

Return to “Practice Japanese - 日本語を練習しましょう”