a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

イントロ

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

prometheus2003
New in Town

イントロ

Postby prometheus2003 » March 28th, 2010 3:25 pm

Ok I'm about to butcher some Japanese for the first and not the last time, but if I don't start practicing I won't get anywhere with this. :)

こんにちは、ブライソンです。アメリカ人です、そしてWashington DCに住みます。二月から日本語が練習した。この言葉が大好きです!

Hmm, does it make sense to say, 語にたった少しが知ります? I have a very neat dictionary on my iPhone called simply, Kotoba! but it's easy to get carried away by wanting to say things I don't know the proper grammar for.

taikutsu
Been Around a Bit

Postby taikutsu » March 31st, 2010 2:17 am

アメリカ人です、そしてWashington DCに住みます。← If I understand what you're trying to say, it's something more like 「ワシントンD.C.に住んでいるアメリカ人です。」 I think.

ワシントン市に桜がたくさんあると聞きました。今、咲いていますか?

Get 40% OFF
Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » March 31st, 2010 2:54 am

「ワシントンD.C.に住んでいるアメリカ人です。」 is fine as a sentence, but the grammar is a bit complicated (modifying clause).

If you were to leave it as two sentences, you could say アメリカ人です。ワシントンD.C.に住んでいます。 :)

二月から日本語が練習した。 → 2月から日本語を勉強しています
In this case, it would make more sense to use the verb 勉強する (べんきょうする), "to study".

For only having studied for two months, I think you're doing great! がんばってください :wink:
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

prometheus2003
New in Town

Postby prometheus2003 » March 31st, 2010 11:05 pm

taikutsu wrote:アメリカ人です、そしてWashington DCに住みます。← If I understand what you're trying to say, it's something more like 「ワシントンD.C.に住んでいるアメリカ人です。」 I think.

ワシントン市に桜がたくさんあると聞きました。今、咲いていますか?

はい!桜フェステイバルは3月27日に始めした。 Actually, on the side, a friend of mine recently introduced me to the work of an early 20th century Japanese artist, Kawase Hasui. One of his subjects was the Washington Monument, with cherry blossoms in the foreground. I actually didn't realize they were a gift from Japan. Check it out

Jessi wrote:「ワシントンD.C.に住んでいるアメリカ人です。」 is fine as a sentence, but the grammar is a bit complicated (modifying clause).

If you were to leave it as two sentences, you could say アメリカ人です。ワシントンD.C.に住んでいます。 :)

二月から日本語が練習した。 → 2月から日本語を勉強しています
In this case, it would make more sense to use the verb 勉強する (べんきょうする), "to study".

For only having studied for two months, I think you're doing great! がんばってください :wink:

どうもありがとう! I notice the -て form is used here for 住む and 勉強する...is that turning the verbs into "living" and "studying"? I haven't dealt much with tenses yet, I'm only vaguely familiar with some of their uses. Also I do remember reading now that roman numerals are usually used in horizontal writing, correct?

Return to “Practice Japanese - 日本語を練習しましょう”