Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Few Questions about living in Japan

Jobs in Japan, schools in Japan, Japanese visa questions, living in Japan, and more. If you're planning on studying or finding a job in Japan, get info here.

Moderators: Admin Team, Moderator Team

Sesshomaru_Sama
Been Around a Bit

Few Questions about living in Japan

Postby Sesshomaru_Sama » November 6th, 2015 2:04 pm

I have been interested in japan culture since I was young but only recently have I started to divulge in information. I wish I started to learn the language sooner. I started studying the language in august...I turned 19 2 months ago. I want to study abroad and learn life science. I want to visit Japan this year and next year, then I would plan on going to school there.. Hopefully by me visiting this year and next year I can get a good idea of what it is like. There are many beautiful places and I am still learning about them, (recently learned about Hokkaido for example, which Is absolutely beautiful.) With the research that I have done, and my idea of Japan, Kyoto, to me, felt like the most traditional and relaxed setting. It was very cool to find out also that Kyouto University had a program for the exact type of science I want to study. It's almost surreal. Feels like the pieces of the puzzle are coming together.

. My ideas have made me very motivated, and it is a good feeling, I can honestly say I've never had such a good time learning before until now it seems. I try to work hard everyday and study, its what all of my free time is dedicated to.. not to brag, but I have learned a lot in a short amount of time, ofcourse I'd be lying if I said I knew most of it, I know that just comes with more time. I consider myself to be very smart. This is something I absolutely want to do, I am not about to get discouraged by anything :D . My question is for anyone who knows about living in japan preferably 関西 region. Do you know anything about living areas and working etc?..Hate to say it but I don't know much, so any input would be greatly appreciated. Living expenses /locations/finding a job anything to be aware of? When I go there it will be the first time I will truly be on my own and have to 100% support myself. It seems challenging but its nothing I can't do/won't do. I am sorry if my question sounds vague... :( I don't necessarily object to having to live in a..for a lack of better terms, less than ideal location..At least I know it is for a reason, and that I am always going to be working towards something better, It is always good to have things to look forward to..

*Side note: Is anyone aware of any good martial arts schools? I am not interested in any McDojo's, that's why I have refrained from "learning" here...one of the arts I am interested in is Wing Chun..I know it originated in China but it has reached other areas if I recall correctly.

Sorry if my question is vague or I didn't make any sense..if I think of something else to add I will.

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Re: Few Questions about living in Japan

Postby community.japanese » November 10th, 2015 9:51 pm

Sesshomaru_Sama san,
Konnichiwa. :)
Your trip plan sounds good.
Regarding your questions, how about those websites below?
https://www.careercross.com/en/kansai/
http://blog.gaijinpot.com/kansai-versus-kanto/

Yuki 由紀
Team JapanesePod101.com

Get 47% OFF
Sesshomaru_Sama
Been Around a Bit

Postby Sesshomaru_Sama » November 13th, 2015 4:05 am

Konnichiwa Yuki San, thank you very much, I will look into this. :wink:

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » November 13th, 2015 11:33 pm

Sesshomaru_Sama san,
Konnichiwa. :)
Douitashimashite.
If you have any questions again, please feel free to ask us.
Yuki 由紀
Team JapanesePod101.com

Return to “Working & Studying in Japan”