Or sign up using Facebook

High school Curriculum in Japan?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

cheatzero
New in Town

High school Curriculum in Japan?

Postby cheatzero » August 4th, 2009 10:10 pm

Hey

I'm a student (going into College) and have been working at the Monbukagakusho schollarship, and recently took the exams. (yesterday actually)

Besides being pretty brutal, I think I did fairly well on everything except the math, which likely will be my Achilles heel. (Note, I'm attempting to go into an engineering major, so I have to take the harder math)

Anyways, I'm waiting to hear back from them, but in the likelihood that I don't get the scholarship, I was curious what material was the math BASED off of?

I'm assuming it's the 11th and 12th grade "advanced" (probably their equivelent of our "advanced Placement AP" courses in High school) mathematics, but I can't seem to find information about them anywhere.

So I was curious, does anyone have any information, or leads on the exact textbooks (links to sites are great!) that the Japanese use? I thought they had a country wide curriculum, but maybe I was mistaken. It would help me to study for next year in the event that I don't get it this year.

Anyways, any help is great, and thanks much! right now, the only practical way for the next 4 years for me to get to Japan is the Monbukagakusho schollarship...
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Working & Studying in Japan”