a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Associate's Degree VS Bachelor's Degree

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Zidor
New in Town

Associate's Degree VS Bachelor's Degree

Postby Zidor » July 15th, 2009 1:10 am

So for more then a few years I have wanted to live in japan. I recently was given the chance to actually considered this and decided I would secure my Associates before I even tried. This will allow me time to drastically improve my japanese, seeing as it is horrible right now.

Anyway my main question is that everywhere I look for information on work visa's it says it requires a BA/BS or 10 years in the field experience.

I am looking into teaching english as a career, however I wouldn't mind finding something else as well.

So basically my question is after I go back to school is it worthless unless i get a ba/bs?

Do the 96 credit hours worth of schooling I took at a trade school translate into squat when it comes to attempting to get a work visa? (I am a ASE certified technician as well as a ford and Audi certified entry level technician)

Either way it is two years away period, I want to be decent at Japanese before I go over. If this has been asked before I apologize I searched for bachelor degree, and associates degree and work visa. Didn't see anything that answered my question, thank you in advance

-zidor

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » July 15th, 2009 10:01 am

Don't count out your trade school experience out just yet. You never know when someone might need a mechanic of some sort.

As far as teaching English, you need a BS/BA degree in anything. A word of warning though, get your Japanese up to a respectable level so you'll be employable at other jobs and not just teaching English. You'll quickly burn out from it.
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Working & Studying in Japan”