a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Nihon ni iku no? -Global Crisis

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

pinoyid0l
New in Town

Nihon ni iku no? -Global Crisis

Postby pinoyid0l » March 7th, 2009 3:13 am

Hi guys, I have questions about economic recession in Japan, but before that here is my boring story why I came up to those questions, or just skip it:

I was 19 years old (last year) when I first started learning nihongo with my mother's influence. I'm a kenshuusei (trainee). It is required to learn basic nihongo before going to japan (sannenkangurai).

Code: Select All

[b]Here is the process on how trainees in our country go to japan.[/b]
1) apply in a sending organization.
2) study nihongo (3-6months)
3) Line up for selection
4) ask referral from a sending company
5) If selected, documents are submitted to an accepting organization in Japan. Else, wait for another selection.
6) Accepting organization assigns the trainee in an accepting company (japan)

Alll of my batch mates were lined-up and selected before me, because I was too young, that was several selection line-ups from march to august last year (all of them are now in Japan). On october, I was a few days short of age to become qualified for the line-up, the organization allowed me and luckily I was one of two selected in over nijuunin. My estimated departure is April 14 to an automobile company.

But, the other day, my sending organization informed me that my departure will be delayed and there is no date given.

Some research, Japan is now in big time economic crisis 3x worse than in the USA. Japan mainly relies in export for its economy, from trade profits, Japan is now in its largest deficit. I see when economist are so sensitive about few 3%, 8%, 5% etc, drop in net profit in trade. Now, Japan's export dropped more than 45% and still counting.

One of the biggest industry of Japan is automobile, and it is being hit the hardest. Probably due to massive layoffs in Japan, my departure is now delayed.

Many of my nationals are coming back to our country. Many gaijin in Japan from developing countries were kicked from their apartments sponsored by their companies aside from lay-offs, and nowhere to go aside from going back to home land..

I'm from a developing country.

Is it still worth going to Japan for financial reasons?
:?:

Neither Japanese nor English is my native language.
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Working & Studying in Japan”