Or sign up using Facebook

Internship at a Japanese company for one semester

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

hectique
New in Town

Internship at a Japanese company for one semester

Postby hectique » August 29th, 2008 10:39 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm studying computer science in Germany. At the end of next year, as part of my studies, I have to apply for an internship at a company of my choice (duration: one semester). There is also the possibility to go abroad doing this. I'm hoping to be able to go to Japan for my internship (I'm sure that would give my Japanese studies a huge boost), but unfortunately my University doesn't have any connections to Japanese companies whatsoever and my Japanese skill isn't at a stage where I could phone companies or write nice business letters to them. (-_-)'

At this point I'm asking for your help/advice. Maybe there is someone registered at JapanesePod101.com who knows companies that had interns (from Germany) before? I'd also be grateful for any hints at what companies I could send an application to. The only condition is that it has to be computer related to a certain extent. If someone would happen to have any connections to Japanese companies I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you very much in advance.

Belton
Expert on Something

Postby Belton » August 30th, 2008 12:29 pm

Just a suggestion, but you might have luck approaching it from the German end as well. I'd suggest researching Japanese companies that have a presence in Germany where your limited Japanese won't hinder initial approachs. The Japanese embassy might be a starting place, also any Japanese cultural and business institutes like the Japan Foundation.

good luck.

http://www.de.emb-japan.go.jp
http://www.jki.de/

Get 40% OFF
hectique
New in Town

Postby hectique » August 31st, 2008 8:11 pm

Oh, I totally forgot about the Japanese embassy. Thank you for your suggestion. And thank you for even going through the trouble to find out about the websites. Thank you very much.

Return to “Working & Studying in Japan”