a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Suitcase delivery companies

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

jkid
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Suitcase delivery companies

Postby jkid » May 12th, 2008 7:01 am

Looking into this but a lot of the company websites are in Japanese which I find a bit difficult cause "that firefox extension" is not good for buttons and such that aren't text.

Does anyone have a company that they use and also what is generally the process? You show up grab your bag and take it to the counter of the company or something or do they usually collect the bag and all and get it straight to you?

Thanks.

Belton
Expert on Something

Postby Belton » May 12th, 2008 2:45 pm

I've used a delivery company to take my bag from Hiroshima to Nagoya.
It was the Black Cat company. The people at the front desk of the hotel helped me with the forms, otherwise I doubt I could have worked it out.
Essentially the cost is based on the size of the bag in metres width by height by length, and how far it's going.

I seem to remember it cost me 1500 yen. The front staff seemed to think this was a lot but I reckoned it a great bargain. I just left my bag with its tag at the front desk in the morning and paid them the fee, they arranged for pickup. It was meant to be delivered to my next hotel the same day but in actual fact arrived the next morning. It was a Sunday. I was still very impressed.
On the form you can specify delivery times up to 9 at night.

It made travel so much easier and allowed me a leisurely stop-off in Nara to meet a friend.

Get 40% OFF
JonB
Expert on Something

Yamoto Transport

Postby JonB » May 13th, 2008 3:13 am

Also known as the black cat or kuroneko have an English website here

If you want to do it from the airport all the desks are there as you come out into arrivals. You can also do it at most convenience stores or turn up at one of their many depots dotted all over the place.

If your Japanese is up to it they will also come to your house and pick up - I assume for a small extra fee.

If you go on the shinkansen you will probably notice that most people with luggage are foreigners as most Japanese will "post" their luggage. Goes for internal flights as well.

Hope that helps

jkid
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby jkid » May 13th, 2008 7:56 am

Thank you both for your responses that really clears things up. :)

Return to “Working & Studying in Japan”