a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Kanji Review Site (Heisig Method)

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Martin Ecker
New in Town

Kanji Review Site (Heisig Method)

Postby Martin Ecker » August 27th, 2006 11:07 am

I don't think this has been posted here before. I'm using Heisig's method to learn the meaning of the kanji characters. Until now I've been using a freeware program called KanjiGym Light http://www.kanjigym.de as study aid. Recently I found a similar thing, but in form of a website.

http://kanji.koohii.com is a very cool kanji reviewing site for people using the Heisig method. The site has all 2042 kanji characters from Heisig's book "Remembering the Kanji I" and approx. 1000 more from "Remembering the Kanji III" . For each kanji character you can add your own story and also share it with the rest of the community. This feature has especially helped me with characters for which I found it hard to create my own stories and where Heisig's book does not have stories anymore.

Xtophe
New in Town

Postby Xtophe » September 7th, 2006 10:13 am

Martin
:D Thank you so much for pointing at the koohii site.
I have been working on Heisig 1 for quite a while and I was dreaming of such a site and a google search failed (maybe at the time) to identify this site. I have registered and I find that there is a good variety of story that one can pick from or improve on.
Anyone working with this method will find added value in consulting the site.

Get 40% OFF
snozle
New in Town

Postby snozle » September 29th, 2006 5:28 pm

Martin
I've been using this site for quite a while now and I can vouch for it. It's truly amazing, everything has been well thought out.

stonemirror
New in Town

Postby stonemirror » October 31st, 2006 4:07 pm

Thanks for mentioning this site, Martin, it's great! I had found a similar site earlier this year at kanjistudyguide.com, but it went off the air suddenly and inexplicably one day. I think I like the koohii site even better, though...

Hedwig
New in Town

Heisig

Postby Hedwig » November 2nd, 2006 5:49 pm

Martin-san,

Thank you VERY much for posting the information about the kanji.koohii.com site. It is a TREMENDOUS help (and really a lot of fun! )

Another site jpod101ers may be interested in is: "http://www.dartmouth.edu/~kanji/" There are outstanding quick-time videos illustrating stroke-order for the Kanji. The videos are of an actual person using a brush to write the kanji, and the camera lense is angled down from above the person, so you can perfectly see every stroke. Fascinating to watch.
(Most likely this has been mentioned somewhere else on the site, so I apologize for the repeat. But I'm somewhat new here and am still making my way around.)

:D

Return to “Japanese Resources & Reviews”