a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Anki on the move

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

WalterWills
Expert on Something

Anki on the move

Postby WalterWills » May 26th, 2009 1:56 am

I want to read through my Anki deck wherever I go- on the bus, on the train etc.

What's the best way to do this?
Will Anki work on an iPhone? My friend recommended a "netbook" - http://www.acer.com/aspireone

...but ideally I want something I can fit into my pocket so even when I'm not working and I don't have a bag with me, I can still carry it around easily. That's why I was thinking of buying an iPhone....Alternatively, I could pay for unlimited internet access for my mobile phone and use Anki from the internet?

I would appreciate any ideas.
Thanks

Taurus
Expert on Something

Postby Taurus » June 1st, 2009 10:12 am

I don't have an iphone so i can't answer that (although i'm pretty sure that at the very least you can use anki's online study). All i would say is that i have a nokia n95 and it is no good for anki on the move.

Get 40% OFF
Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » June 1st, 2009 11:28 am

The online version works really well. Make sure you click 'full-screen' on the left menu, and it works a treat. There's also iAnki, a sort of application that allows for offline study and syncing with your PC (needs a wireless network).

WalterWills
Expert on Something

Postby WalterWills » June 2nd, 2009 3:47 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I've actually bought an iPod Touch - there's a program called Ankimini which I've downloaded (it involved "jailbreaking" my iPod), and it works a treat. The iPod is so useful to use with an SRS- I can use it waiting for the bus/train, on the bus/train, on the toilet, even walking down the street or while eating gyudon!

Return to “Japanese Resources & Reviews”