Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Read The Kanji - a supplement for JLPT kanji study

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Taurus
Expert on Something

Postby Taurus » January 25th, 2009 8:08 pm

I've finally got round to using the site and I think it's great. The only thing that I would like to see done differently is that I can't see whether I've got an answer correct without scrolling down to see the green/red box at the bottom. Maybe it's just my antique PC, but it seems to me that there's quite a lot of unused screen estate that could be used to display this information without forcing people to scroll down at lower resolutions. Does that make sense?

gerald_ford
Expert on Something

Postby gerald_ford » January 26th, 2009 10:55 am

Just out of curiousity, what's your screen resolution?
--Gerald Ford: Pirate-Viking-Monk in training.

Blog: http://nihonshukyo.wordpress.com/

Get 40% OFF
Taurus
Expert on Something

Postby Taurus » January 26th, 2009 11:00 am

1024 x 768. Not sure what my wife's laptop is, but I have the same problem on that: when I'm whizzing through, typing in answers, it's very annoying to have to reach for the mouse, scroll down to check my last answer, then click in the answer box before I can beging typing the next one. Maybe I have a low tolerance threshold...

rowen
New in Town

Postby rowen » January 29th, 2009 4:12 pm

I have the same problem because I have an eeepc and the screen is tiny, but if I turn off the big kanji picture then I can see the result and dont need to scroll...

Taurus
Expert on Something

Postby Taurus » January 29th, 2009 4:15 pm

Excellent idea! I hadn't even looked in my preferences. :oops:

I think I'd prefer to have the big kanji and the sample sentence, but it definitely works better for me now. Thanks for the advice!

wccrawford
Expert on Something

Postby wccrawford » January 29th, 2009 4:28 pm

I'd like to see ReadTheKanji either fit itself to the device (especially handheld, like the new Android and iPhone) or have customizeable settings to help make it fit.

Return to “Japanese Resources & Reviews”