a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Anki flashcard request

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Taurus
Expert on Something

Anki flashcard request

Postby Taurus » October 5th, 2008 11:56 am

Does anybody happen to have a set of Anki flashcards for the vocab used in the Minna no Nihongo textbooks?

Only, I'm about to try to put in all the vocab and sample sentences and it would save me rather a lot of work if somebody's already done it.

If not, I guess I'll report back here when I've done it, in case the set I produce would be of use to anyone.

(On a slightly related note, my search turned up one request for a set of JLPT vocab flashcards for Anki, but nobody replied - does anybody happen to have any Anki flashcards for JLPT levels 4 and 3?)

Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » October 5th, 2008 3:48 pm

Anki has Level 3+4 vocabulary in the sample decks.

Get 40% OFF
Taurus
Expert on Something

Postby Taurus » October 5th, 2008 3:51 pm

Yeah, I did notice that, but I thought I saw online (perhaps even on this forum) that the versions included with Anki were sometimes incorrect, or inconsistent or something...

Taurus
Expert on Something

Postby Taurus » March 10th, 2009 5:06 pm

Sorry to bump my own thread, but in case anybody is ever looking for a Minna no Nihongo Anki deck, I've uploaded my own to the site. It contains all of the vocab listed for lessons 1-50. I haven't (yet) added the vocab from some of the information pages (eg. the fruit and veg etc.). And I have a separate deck containing all of the sample sentences but I haven't uploaded it because I keep spotting mistakes. If anybody wants to take a chance on it, feel free to pm me.

retropunk
Been Around a Bit

Postby retropunk » March 12th, 2009 8:10 am

FYI, Anki does not have the complete JLPT3+4 vocab, nor anywhere near JLPT2. These are just samples. The "PreMadeDecks" are even incorrect for JLPT4 - containing vocab for JLPT2 and including unneeded kanji.

Taurus, I only saw a bunch of sentences in your file.

Taurus
Expert on Something

Postby Taurus » March 12th, 2009 10:07 am

Oops. That's because I uploaded the deck containing all the sample sentences. I've corrected it now, so if you click on the link you'll get the vocab deck.

retropunk
Been Around a Bit

Postby retropunk » March 15th, 2009 4:37 am

I get a 0byte file. Looking at some of the other files, they give me errors ;(

j_evenstar
New in Town

deck loading error

Postby j_evenstar » March 16th, 2009 10:48 am

Hi Taurus, i get an error whenever i load your deck onto my anki (v0.9.9.6)

it says
unable to load deck:
possible reasons
- file is not an anki deck
- deck is read only
- directory is read only
- deck was created with anki <0.9

to upgrade an old deck, download anki 0.9.8.7

so i downloaded it, but unfortunately it still didn't open your deck.. :(

gerald_ford
Expert on Something

Postby gerald_ford » March 16th, 2009 3:37 pm

retropunk wrote:FYI, Anki does not have the complete JLPT3+4 vocab, nor anywhere near JLPT2. These are just samples. The "PreMadeDecks" are even incorrect for JLPT4 - containing vocab for JLPT2 and including unneeded kanji.

This is why one ought to just take the vocab list online (http://www.jlptstudy.com/3/main.html) and just manually add them in. It's worth the effort because you add in only what you need to study.

Also the creator of Anki says that to really make the most of his application, it's best to just add words as you learn them, rather than using a set list. Add the JLPT vocab, but also keep adding words as you learn them in your studies, or in life in general. Can't go wrong that way.
--Gerald Ford: Pirate-Viking-Monk in training.

Blog: http://nihonshukyo.wordpress.com/

Taurus
Expert on Something

Postby Taurus » March 16th, 2009 11:20 pm

Sorry people haven't been able to access my Minna no Nihongo vocab deck. If people would like it, pm me with an email address and I'll see if I can get it to you via yousendit.com or something.

retropunk
Been Around a Bit

Postby retropunk » March 17th, 2009 7:08 am

gerald_ford wrote:
This is why one ought to just take the vocab list online (http://www.jlptstudy.com/3/main.html) and just manually add them in. It's worth the effort because you add in only what you need to study.

The problem with jlptstudy is the advanced kanji it uses (i.e., kanji from higher levels), so if you decide to use JLPTStudy as a source, you may want to be aware of that fact.

gerald_ford
Expert on Something

Postby gerald_ford » March 17th, 2009 7:36 am

retropunk wrote:The problem with jlptstudy is the advanced kanji it uses (i.e., kanji from higher levels), so if you decide to use JLPTStudy as a source, you may want to be aware of that fact.

From what I can see, that kanji does appear on some mock tests at least, not in the "kanji" section, but in the reading comprehension-type sections. It also shows up on the Graded Reader books printed by White Rabbit press as well geared for level 3. Based on what the JLPTStudy site says, these have appeared in past Level 3 tests, so it sounds like one should err on the side of caution and just learn them. Speaking from experience, it has helped my reading ability, even if not used on the JLPT, so it's time well-spent. :wink:
--Gerald Ford: Pirate-Viking-Monk in training.

Blog: http://nihonshukyo.wordpress.com/

untmdsprt
Expert on Something

Postby untmdsprt » May 4th, 2009 3:21 am

I've seen a lot of posts about this Anki program. How does this compare to other similar flashcard programs. I'm currently using Memosyne, but I guess there aren't enough files for it to add to it. I have found one good one that tests you on the adjectives.

Also, does this allow you to add the words you've accummilated on Jpod101's word bank?

Is there a good website that other users have uploaded their flashcards so we can download them? I'd like to see the Japanese for Busy People, verbs, adverbs, etc.

Thanks!

Return to “Japanese Resources & Reviews”