a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Kanji Flashcards for Ipods

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

swiftman
Been Around a Bit

Kanji Flashcards for Ipods

Postby swiftman » January 22nd, 2008 6:25 pm

anyone know where to find kanji flashcards for the ipods... specifically i need them for the touch...

i found a site where i have to create my own by typing in info... but was wondering if there is a place to just find downloadable and syncable cards already made.

thanks!!!

lazysunday
Been Around a Bit

Postby lazysunday » January 22nd, 2008 11:58 pm

I made my own with an image editor. They are just images. Making your own helps with the memorization and you can use images that will best help jog your memory.

I think I learned more from making the cards than from watching them. That kind of memorization doesn't work as well for me as using the words in a sentence

Get 40% OFF
DaemonForce
Been Around a Bit

Postby DaemonForce » January 27th, 2008 12:04 am

lazysunday wrote:I made my own with an image editor.

I used MSPaint from Windows 2000 to do this with minimal frustrations. I made one card, it keeps the frame. Jump over to koohii and hit prntscrn on one of the review pages, paste it in Paint, asks a question to resize the frame, hit no. Paste that thingy.
lazysunday wrote:They are just images. Making your own helps with the memorization and you can use images that will best help jog your memory.

I usually import these things over to my Zen for self-study. So far it works fairly well. I have the first 20 cards down, but only half their meanings and maybe 5 of them I can use in context. I'm not sure if this is the best way to study kanji. It seems more of a burden that slows a student down.
lazysunday wrote:I think I learned more from making the cards than from watching them. That kind of memorization doesn't work as well for me as using the words in a sentence

Good call. =/

Return to “Japanese Resources & Reviews”