a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Alright, now this site is the best.

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Shumiston
Been Around a Bit

Alright, now this site is the best.

Postby Shumiston » November 19th, 2007 8:01 pm

this site is the perfect immersion course. What it does is it puts you in a Japanese elementary school environment (literally). It features little animations that you would experience in a Japanese elementary school. It is all natural with no translation. There is another part of the site that brings you to a hiragana and katakana chart with no romaji. You just click on a hiragana/katakana symbol it will say the pronounciation along with an image that tells you what to do with your mouth. Then at the bottom of that page there are pictures of different things with the name of it written down in kana (exactly like the abc charts from elementary school). Click on it, and it will say it. Lets just say that this website teaches you Japanese very, very, very naturally.
Here is the link to the site: http://www.hellonavi.com/foldera/html/japanese.html
Bookmark it.
Email me with different things to help me with reading and writing. The language speaking is easy with me, but the Japanese writing system is hard for me.

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Re: Alright, now this site is the best.

Postby Ulver_684 » November 19th, 2007 10:12 pm

Shumiston wrote:this site is the perfect immersion course. What it does is it puts you in a Japanese elementary school environment (literally). It features little animations that you would experience in a Japanese elementary school. It is all natural with no translation. There is another part of the site that brings you to a hiragana and katakana chart with no romaji. You just click on a hiragana/katakana symbol it will say the pronounciation along with an image that tells you what to do with your mouth. Then at the bottom of that page there are pictures of different things with the name of it written down in kana (exactly like the abc charts from elementary school). Click on it, and it will say it. Lets just say that this website teaches you Japanese very, very, very naturally.
Here is the link to the site: http://www.hellonavi.com/foldera/html/japanese.html
Bookmark it.

Shumiston-san! :wink:

That's why I don't watch Doreamon because it makes people so dumb! Please stop watching that cat and watch true learning material. :roll:

Get 40% OFF
Shumiston
Been Around a Bit

Re: Alright, now this site is the best.

Postby Shumiston » November 20th, 2007 12:49 am

Ulver_684 wrote:
Shumiston wrote:this site is the perfect immersion course. What it does is it puts you in a Japanese elementary school environment (literally). It features little animations that you would experience in a Japanese elementary school. It is all natural with no translation. There is another part of the site that brings you to a hiragana and katakana chart with no romaji. You just click on a hiragana/katakana symbol it will say the pronounciation along with an image that tells you what to do with your mouth. Then at the bottom of that page there are pictures of different things with the name of it written down in kana (exactly like the abc charts from elementary school). Click on it, and it will say it. Lets just say that this website teaches you Japanese very, very, very naturally.
Bookmark it.

Shumiston-san! :wink:

That's why I don't watch Doreamon because it makes people so dumb! Please stop watching that cat and watch true learning material. :roll:

When you say doreamon, what are you referring to I don't know what that is. And when you say cat, what cat are you referring to? And that little course works out great for me, in fact it made me smarter not dumber.
Email me with different things to help me with reading and writing. The language speaking is easy with me, but the Japanese writing system is hard for me.

jemstone
Expert on Something

Postby jemstone » November 20th, 2007 1:30 am

i think she meant doraemon when she said "cat". doraemon is a robot cat actually. =D

Shumiston
Been Around a Bit

Postby Shumiston » November 20th, 2007 1:34 am

jemstone wrote:i think she meant doraemon when she said "cat". doraemon is a robot cat actually. =D

Ah, now I see. I wonder what any of that little course had to do with a robot cat.

jemstone
Expert on Something

Postby jemstone » November 20th, 2007 1:41 am

i don't know.. i went to have a look.. maybe the pictures are drawn quite similar to those in doraemon.

they do look quite similar, the drawing style.

Fedgrub
Expert on Something

Postby Fedgrub » November 20th, 2007 2:11 am

That site is awesome, I've been looking for something like this for a while now.

Shumiston
Been Around a Bit

Good

Postby Shumiston » November 20th, 2007 2:14 am

Fedgrub wrote:That site is awesome, I've been looking for something like this for a while now.

i'm glad you like it.

Fedgrub
Expert on Something

Postby Fedgrub » November 22nd, 2007 12:47 am

Call me simple, but the animation makes it easier to concentrate on haha.

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » November 24th, 2007 6:34 pm

Mina-san! :wink:

I didn't mean to offend anyone, I just wanted to point out that if you stick same or similar material, you will not grow your intelligent. There is a quote that say something like "Everything has to change ....." I don't remember the rest if you know it, please complete the quote for us. :D

jimmy33
New in Town

Postby jimmy33 » December 3rd, 2007 3:42 am

Wow, that website blows Rosetta Stone completely out of the water, and without the gaudy price tag (free at that)!

I didn't mean to offend anyone, I just wanted to point out that if you stick same or similar material, you will not grow your intelligent. There is a quote that say something like "Everything has to change ....." I don't remember the rest if you know it, please complete the quote for us. Very Happy

I agree that it helps to diversify in studies as well, so long as you’re doing more than sampling the lesion materiel and actually spending time to retain the information. It's nice to have so many methods of approach to fluency ね.

chien_fu
New in Town

Postby chien_fu » December 4th, 2007 6:01 pm

いね!どおも!

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » December 6th, 2007 9:27 pm

jimmy33 wrote:Wow, that website blows Rosetta Stone completely out of the water, and without the gaudy price tag (free at that)!

I didn't mean to offend anyone, I just wanted to point out that if you stick same or similar material, you will not grow your intelligent. There is a quote that say something like "Everything has to change ....." I don't remember the rest if you know it, please complete the quote for us. Very Happy

I agree that it helps to diversify in studies as well, so long as you’re doing more than sampling the lesion materiel and actually spending time to retain the information. It's nice to have so many methods of approach to fluency ね.

Jimmy33-san! :wink:

Yes your right but you didn't complete the rest of the quote for us! :?

learninggirl
New in Town

^^

Postby learninggirl » April 2nd, 2009 5:39 am

Oh I LIKE that. ^^ It's cute.

VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE!!!!
That's a good enough quote for me. (There is also "grow or die"... and 'growing' implies change....)

Return to “Japanese Resources & Reviews”