Or sign up using Facebook

JLPT N4 preparation advice?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Andygakusei
Been Around a Bit

JLPT N4 preparation advice?

Postby Andygakusei » April 19th, 2010 5:13 am

Konnichiwa Mina-san,

I am planning to take the JLPT N4 this December in the US after passing the old 4-kyu last year. In addition to doing all of the JLPT N4 Japanese pod lessons, what other lessons should I focus on from the Japanese pod 101 lesson library? I am studying the Beginning series season 1 currently as well as the Particles series. I am a Premium Japanese pod 101 member (just renewed for 4 years ^_^) by the way so I should have access to all the lessons.

I am also self-studying on my iPhone with Japanese Flip(vocabulary) and iKanji(kanji) up to a 2-kyu level as well as self-studying the Japanese for Busy People (volume 2 at the moment, hopefully will finish volume 3 by the test). I have some old JLPT 3-kyu review books I will be studying as well. Any other advice for preparing for the N4? Doumo arigatou gozaimashita.

hajime
Been Around a Bit

Postby hajime » May 24th, 2010 6:25 am

No offense, but I don't think JPod101 alone is anywhere near sufficient to pass the JLPT. I have found Unicom prep books + my own custom Anki decks to be invaluable. Other people find the Master series to be very helpful but I think Unicom is more comprehensive. I use JPod lessons to supplement vocab + reinforce grammar points. The other invaluable aid is the yellow vocabulary book ("A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar"). For N4, try to learn every point in this book. It's probably a superset of the target grammar for N4, but not by much.

Oh, and a good electronic dictionary is also super helpful along the way.

がんばって。

Get 40% OFF
brad12
Been Around a Bit

Postby brad12 » December 3rd, 2010 5:18 am

As of 2010, Jlpt will undergoes major changes, you have to take care these changes. The test will have also new passing standards like people must passed the all sections with the good score, and not just pass.

Jlpt | Learn Japanese Free

crling005448
New in Town

Postby crling005448 » December 3rd, 2010 5:35 pm

hajime wrote:No offense, but I don't think JPod101 alone is anywhere near sufficient to pass the JLPT. I have found Unicom prep books + my own custom Anki decks to be invaluable. Other people find the Master series to be very helpful but I think Unicom is more comprehensive. I use JPod lessons to supplement vocab + reinforce grammar points. The other invaluable aid is the yellow vocabulary book ("A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar"). For N4, try to learn every point in this book. It's probably a superset of the target grammar for N4, but not by much.

Oh, and a good electronic dictionary is also super helpful along the way.

がんばって。

I totally agree with you here, the yellow book has been amazing for me in learning the grammar, which is the hardest part for me!! And I don't know what I would do without my electronic dictionary, its a perfect simple way to look up words!

Return to “JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) - 日本語能力試験”