57%
No
43%

Total votes: 14

lazysunday
Been Around a Bit

Warning Email came today

Postby lazysunday » February 9th, 2009 8:38 pm

So today the email came that you have to make sure your address is correct before they mail the results. I got really nervous. I know there is nothing I can do about it... is there any way to tell how you did from the envelope so i will be prepared when I open it?

I'm going to the next level next year whether I passed or not but I would sure like the affirmation.

Birdwatcher
New in Town

Re: Warning Email came today

Postby Birdwatcher » February 12th, 2009 2:29 am

lazysunday wrote:I'm going to the next level next year whether I passed or not but I would sure like the affirmation.

Sorry to be such a newbie but I don't understand. How can one go to the next level without passing?

Get 40% OFF
Psy
Expert on Something

Postby Psy » February 12th, 2009 3:50 am

When you register for the test you can sign up for whichever level you want, however it is generally advised to choose something you have a fair shot at passing. In lazysunday's case, since the tests are spaced a year apart (in most places), he'll be studying for the next level this year regardless of the results this time.
High time to finish what I've started. || Anki vocabulary drive: 5,000/10k. Restart coming soon. || Dig my Road to Katakana tutorial on the App store.

Birdwatcher
New in Town

Thanks!

Postby Birdwatcher » February 12th, 2009 5:14 am

Thank you. That makes it easier for me to understand.

Abbass
New in Town

Results Envelope

Postby Abbass » June 6th, 2009 11:20 am

Hi,

If you`ve failed, the results come in a black envelope with a skull and crossbones motif; a copy is also sent to immigration officials who may contact you to ask what you`re doing in the country not knowing the language. You may also be asked to submit a urine sample to the local police station.

If you`ve passed, it`s a pink envelope with a Hello Kitty ribbon and motif, often with various vouchers for karaoke, local snack bars and a personally signed letter from the Prime Minister.

A.

queenparadox
New in Town

Re: Results Envelope

Postby queenparadox » June 18th, 2009 6:01 am

Abbass wrote:Hi,

If you`ve failed, the results come in a black envelope with a skull and crossbones motif; a copy is also sent to immigration officials who may contact you to ask what you`re doing in the country not knowing the language. You may also be asked to submit a urine sample to the local police station.

If you`ve passed, it`s a pink envelope with a Hello Kitty ribbon and motif, often with various vouchers for karaoke, local snack bars and a personally signed letter from the Prime Minister.

A.

Hahaha! :D Excellent! Now I have some motivation to take the blasted thing.

Hikaritennyo
Been Around a Bit

Postby Hikaritennyo » September 13th, 2009 7:19 am

Oh, if only!
I could just imagine opening the mailbox, seeing the black envelope and refusing to touch the mail, making my hubby fish it out for me.
Or, seeing the pink one and doing my silly happy dance for all my neighbors to wonder what has made me lose my mind "this time".

After two years of practice, I still don't know if I'm ready for lvl 3...
Beginning is easy
Continuing is hard

Nixopax
New in Town

Re: Results Envelope

Postby Nixopax » October 1st, 2009 6:47 am

Abbass wrote:Hi,

A.

Man am I gullible. I fell for it up until the Hello Kitty part. I thought the urine sample part was a bit harsh, but who am I to question Japanese officials?

Return to “JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) - 日本語能力試験”