Or sign up using Facebook

Hotels in New York

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

wndola
Been Around a Bit

Hotels in New York

Postby wndola » August 3rd, 2008 7:00 pm

For anyone who has taken the New York test before:

Where is a comfortable hotel to stay in near the test site?

どんなホテルがいいですか

Rizu
Established Presence

Postby Rizu » August 16th, 2008 5:58 pm

I stayed at the Hotel Newton this past December. The rooms are kinda small but it was the cheapest I could find that time of year ($200/night). It was right near the subway and probably about 5 mins ride from Columbia.

Get 40% OFF
heinlich
New in Town

Postby heinlich » September 11th, 2008 1:35 pm

you can try the guest house(by Columbia) from the pamphlet included in the mail of your testing voucher. But it is very hot, I've been there for my level2 and 1, both times without luck,, called them and said all rooms booked. :(

so I stayed in a hotel nearby JFK airport, maybe holiday inn express, for one time, and stayed another one by Laguadia, which was Wyndham. Both were good, but the thing is, you have to book long before the test date, otherwise there might be no rooms available or they would be at a very high price. So do the reservation right after you book your flight.

For the JFK, you can take A train, which is an express train to the campus, change to 1-2-3 line at 59 St, maybe, check the metro map online. For Laguadia, even more convenient, you can take M60 bus directly to Columbia campus. It's no hustle for the day because you can have a whole morning to spend,'cause the test will be in the afternoon, always starting at about 1pm. But when it's over, it will be around 5:30 something. So book you return flight as late as possible, maybe 7:30 or 8:00pm, for you are gonna spend at least one hour on the way from Columbia to either airport. 気をつけてください。

Return to “JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) - 日本語能力試験”