Start Learning Japanese in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

So *Deep Breath* JLPT is Over - How do you think you did ?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

Flamehearted
Been Around a Bit

So *Deep Breath* JLPT is Over - How do you think you did ?

Postby Flamehearted » December 3rd, 2007 9:58 am

So it's finally over ! I suddenly have a lot more spare time !

I did 3 kyu yesterday in London and not sure if I did ok - made some stupid mistakes in the grammar I think and the listening was hellish.

Well let's wait and see...

I felt the spirit of all the Jpod staff with me - so hopefully that helped !

Rizu
Established Presence

Postby Rizu » December 3rd, 2007 12:41 pm

Ah, I posted in the old thread, but I'll post some more here. :)

Oh man, the rush of relief when it was over (after my brain finally cleared...). And yes, I have my free time back! Which of course I have to devote to many other things (wedding planning, buying a house, and playing many guilt-free hours of my neglected Wii!).

I also took 三級 but in NYC. The classroom was so uncomfortable! We sat in standard wooden lecture seats with the tiny "desk" that flips up on the right, and we were packed in like sardines. Everyone was fidgeting the entire exam, myself included.

I agree, the Listening was hellish! They spoke rather slowly overall, but I still had trouble on it. I already knew it was my weakest point, but it seemed harder than I expected.

In the Vocab and Grammar sections, I did have to make some guesses, but overall I think I did alright.

I'm not sure if I got enough points to pass, so I'm going to expect a non-passing grade. That way I don't get my hopes up. But as I said in my other post, I did learn a lot regardless of how well I did on the exam. I know that when it comes time for 二級 (not for a few years), I'll definitely be better prepared.

Also, having the previous years' exams and knowing the types of questions was very helpful. Interestingly, most people in my classroom had no idea how the test was formatted. I guess I just assumed that most people studying for this exam would have at least bought last year's exam.

Get 40% OFF
dhoggan
New in Town

Postby dhoggan » December 3rd, 2007 12:59 pm

I also took the level 3 in London and was totally thrown by the listening. I knew it was my weakest point, but I did not get one question. They were all guesses. It's so disheartening as I thought that since I can just about make out the JPod101 lessons, I may have some chance and I could (kind of) understand the 2006 listening section...

So unless I guess some right answers, I've failed. On the bright side though, Sections 1 and 3 were as expected and I really did learn a lot during my revision...

Dave

Louis
New in Town

Postby Louis » December 4th, 2007 10:19 pm

Wow, a couple of you were in London! I over heard people talking about JapanesePod101, so you never know; it could have been you! SOAS even put balloons around the entrances which was very nice of them.

I took level 4 and I mimic the posts above. The reading and writing sections went fine, but I bombed with the listening. I don't think I got any right! I admit that I'm terrible at listening, but I at least got half of the questions correct when I did a test run through last year's paper.

Anyway, I took the test for fun so I can't really complain! It was fun! :)

aegd
New in Town

Postby aegd » December 12th, 2007 10:25 am

dhoggan wrote:It's so disheartening as I thought that since I can just about make out the JPod101 lessons, I may have some chance and I could (kind of) understand the 2006 listening section...

Dave

I would be surprised if you didn't understand the JPOD lessons, since they read them several times, and one time at a such a slow pace that even my grandmother would understand it, despite not knowing any Japanese :wink:

That's the one part of the these podcasts that really grates my nerves, I feel that repeating the lesson at a very slow pace does more harm than good. It can be good to slow down the speech when going over new words, but most of the time It's just a distraction that makes it more difficult to understand normal spoken Japanese. Thankfully they seem to not do it in the intermediate lessons.

doa_Leon
New in Town

Postby doa_Leon » December 18th, 2007 8:02 pm

I had the whole time Kousuke Atataris "Hana"-song in my head... :shock:
負けたくないし,
泣きたくないし,
笑ってたいから...
Moving!
Moving!

Return to “JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) - 日本語能力試験”