a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

絶望した!

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

karurosuv
New in Town

絶望した!

Postby karurosuv » July 26th, 2009 4:48 am

Who's psyched season 3 of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei began? or the opposite?

For those unfamiliar, it's a satire/twisted comedy/parody poking fun at various areas of japanese/foreign culture and personalities. Those of you living over there would possibly pick up better on the jokes.

Season 1 ep1

ぶれぶれぶれぶれぶれまくって :oiwai:
Last edited by karurosuv on July 27th, 2009 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Psy
Expert on Something

Postby Psy » July 26th, 2009 3:16 pm

ああ、あ、うっ!!

絶 金 絶
     望 汚 望
     し い し
     た 世 た
     ! の !
     ! 中 !
       に

I've noticed that they use a lot of complicated Japanese in that show. I've only seen the first season but I hear it gets even crazier later on. I remember that they used 俗 (e.g. 俗化) instead of 続 for their season two title, one of countless puns and cultural references. They're so varied and nuanced that I couldn't hope to understand all of them.

... anyone else get the reference for the closing title 「絶世美人」? :lol:
High time to finish what I've started. || Anki vocabulary drive: 5,000/10k. Restart coming soon. || Dig my Road to Katakana tutorial on the App store.

Get 40% OFF
karurosuv
New in Town

Postby karurosuv » July 27th, 2009 5:00 am

at first i was disappointed with the new opening. It just didn't have the same awesomeness to it. Maybe because the visuals were incomplete(finished as of ep3) and the song wasn't as catchy as any of the others. Season 1/OVA 3 song + Season 2's visuals are my fav.

(Season 1)
(Zoku - Season 2)
(Goku - OVA 2)
(Goku - OVA 3 remix)
(Zan - Season 3)

Psy wrote:... anyone else get the reference for the closing title 「絶世美人」? :lol:

I missed it :(. On a sidenote I didn't realize realize how morbid those lyrics were being such a beautiful song.

Got any favorite scenes? Some of the more memorable ones for me-

Psycho shower scene from season 1 ep8 - Sensei assaulted by Bruce, Rocky, Freddy, Ghostface, Darth Vader, Doraemon, Yuen Siu Tien, pie dish, Kafuka?, a singer, and others.

Season 2 ep7's random Mahou Shoujo spoof opening.

Season 2 ep2 spoken in complete gibberish + Commodore Perry referred to as Goku and on a quest for the dragonballs. freaking hilarious

:lol:

Return to “Japanese Anime & Manga”