Or sign up using Facebook

What should I study next??

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

MarcusAseth
Been Around a Bit

Re: What should I study next??

Postby MarcusAseth » August 25th, 2014 4:07 pm

Hi guys,I've completed the series below :oiwai: :oiwai: :oiwai:

Newbie S2 --> Newbie S3 --> Beginner S4 --> Beginner S5 --> Beginner S6 --> Lower Intermediate S6

How should I continue? What's the next step?

Someone guide me please :)

lauralanda
Expert on Something

Postby lauralanda » August 27th, 2014 9:28 am

Hi marcusaseth6443,

Thank you for posting!
Congratulations :D
Now you can go ahead with the Intermediate Level!
Don't miss our video lessons, have you tried them already? 8)

Cheers!
Laura
Team JapanesePod101.com

Get 40% OFF
MarcusAseth
Been Around a Bit

Postby MarcusAseth » August 27th, 2014 3:09 pm

Yes,though I didn't checked in the video for a while,so I don't know what's new in it.

Thanks,ok then,I'll try with the intermediate :)
Also,I just noticed that after that there are 5 Seasons of Upper Intermediate. Am I suppose to go through them all,before going Advanced :?:

Civalias
New in Town

Postby Civalias » August 29th, 2014 8:33 pm

I'm new to the community and started only about a week ago. I've only done about 2 lessons from absolute beginner so far and I'm confused about the writing system.

When following the checklist, it tells you to add the vocabulary to the word bank and to study flashcards, but when I do study the flashcards I'll end up getting words in purely Japanese characters. Am I honestly expected to be able to guess? The lessons haven't at all directed me to learning any sort of writing, and I'm sure if I start the structured nihongo dojo series it won't either. Am I just expected to learn hirigana and katakana on my own in order to be able to do my own flashcards?

I love the plethora of resources here, but I'm disappointed so far in the lack of direction giving in the material as far as structure goes.

MarcusAseth
Been Around a Bit

Postby MarcusAseth » August 29th, 2014 9:09 pm

if you are 100% new to the languege,you should probably start with Textfugu.com,wich is aimed to begginer self thought guys,basically it holds your hand even for the hiragana/katakana.

That's no way a replacement for this site,there is no other place that gives you this quantity of audio lesson and all written into the pdf,so just go there,take the basics from it and then start the lesson here. I did it in that way and I have now followed more than 240 audio lessons here,I know more than 2000 vocabs and I feel like I'm really starting learning this language xD

doodoofan6899
New in Town

Postby doodoofan6899 » September 1st, 2014 2:16 pm

I think learning the lessons in Japanesepod101 is just one thing, you still need to practice more in order to get better. I finished all levels in Japanesepod101, and I was still struggling when I first came to Japan. It's not easy to apply what you learned into real life. You need a lot of actual practice with Japanese people.
Practice your English at http://englishtest4you.com
Practice your Japanese at http://japanesetest4you.com
Practice your Chinese at http://chinesetest4you.com

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Postby community.japanese » September 8th, 2014 5:36 am

Hello everyone,

I agree with doodoofan6899 san, practical practice is important.

Yuki  由紀
Team JapanesePod101.com

newyd3
New in Town

Postby newyd3 » September 9th, 2014 11:15 am

Hi, just a quick question with regards to the different routes you can take through the site.

Newbie S2 --> Newbie S3 --> Beginner S4 --> Beginner S5 --> Beginner S6 --> Lower Intermediate S6

Beginner S1 --> Beginner S2 --> Beginner S3 --> Lower Intermediate S1 --> S2 --> S3 --> S4 --> S5

I am currently around 1/4 of the way through Beginner S1 and wondered if I should try and transfer over to the newer route beginning at Newbie S2, as I have noted that with the older route I will have to study many more lessons to reach the end, which will be at Lower intermediate season 5.
An additional question would be if I changed routes would there be any difference in my Japanese skill at the end, as I would imagine my vocab will be reduced with the lower amount of lessons but would my grammar skills be reduced in any way?

Thanks,

David

lauralanda
Expert on Something

Postby lauralanda » September 22nd, 2014 3:17 am

Hi David,

Thank you for posting!
Please, remember that doesn't matter how long takes to reach the higher level, if you take more lessons you can learn more Vocabulary and reinforce the knowledge you have been learning. :wink:
So when you reach the Intermediate and then Advance levels, you will feel more confident and learn faster.

Let us know if you have questions during your learning process.
Cheers!
Laura
Team JapanesePod101.com

Return to “Learn All About Japanese”