Or sign up using Facebook

Art industry in japan

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

rem92
New in Town

Art industry in japan

Postby rem92 » September 28th, 2011 4:37 am

Hello my friends

So like everyone else here, i got a huge interesting in japan life and culture, and i am an illustration student, so, it would be wonderful to get a nice job as an artist in japan, most likely in the gaming or movies industry as a concept artist, so i wanted to ask if anyone here knows about the situation o f the art industry in japan, are there good opportunities? are they in need or artist ? anyone here are artist working in japan?

;)

Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » September 28th, 2011 1:39 pm

The creative industry in Japan is milked by sponsors, agencies and broadcasters/publishers to the point that the people actually doing the creating end up with more of an 生地獄 than a rewarding career. I posted about it in this thread, where you can see a picture illustrating the breakdown of money. My girlfriend's a graphic designer and many of the stories I hear from her are horrific. If the idea of taking a sleeping bag to work sounds unusual to you, working in Japan might not be your best option. Some foreign companies based there have a more reasonable working culture, but I'd thoroughly research any position you're thinking about and maybe look to getting hired before you move there.

Join by May 6th
rem92
New in Town

Postby rem92 » September 28th, 2011 4:46 pm

Wow, Japan is really a life sucker when it comes to jobs then... sounds harsh... a sleeping bag to work? arent there any laws or civil rights that can protect the employee from being order to work so much ? o:

Return to “Working & Studying in Japan”