Intermediate
31%

Total votes: 29

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

JP101 is Full Of Intermediate/Advanced Listeners!^^

Postby Ulver_684 » February 10th, 2009 12:14 am

Mina-san! :wink:

Am I right or not? I'm a beginner and I find it very fustrated to see comments in the Forums, Beginner lessons in Japanese and even on Newbie lessons too! Newbie/ beginner lessons are suppose to be for Newbie/Beginner listeners not Intermediate/advanced. I think that everyone should be on their level (zapatero a tus zapatos)if you don't understand this quote in Spanish then look it up. I would like to know everyone else thoughts! Well thank you for your time guys! :ojigi:

mslozada
Been Around a Bit

well....dont take it too hard

Postby mslozada » February 10th, 2009 1:03 am

Hi Ulver_684,

I know how you feel. My Japanese is between the Intermediate and Advance lvl. just to let you know.

All the people who speaks (fluent) Japanese as a second language, were also once beginners. Through all the hardship, endurance, sacrifice and devotion people made just to speak Japanese, we then gain lots of experience, learn how it works and even pass the JLPT lvl 1 as the highest honor one can ever achieve as a non Japanese citizen.

In other words, Intermediate/ Adv. students have more experience than beginners.

I must unfortunately tell you, that the Newbie lessons are no longer Newbie lessons but maybe beginner or even intermediate lessons.
Tell me...if you see a Newbie who can:
order and pay in restaurants, talk about medical stuffs like allergies, ask in a very polite way (teineigo), know where to ask for directions and even read some Kanji's and say he is a Newbie? ...your kidding right? even Intermediate students have problems with stuffs related to this and all of them are being covered in the Newbie lesson. You also must know that the JLPT will be divided into 5 lvl's this year. That means some of the hard stuff will be moved back and lvl 1 will be getting harder. I think about 200 new kanjis will also be on the new JLPT Kanji list.

In short...we are not here to show off, but rather being forced to come back here. Why? because JPod101 wants us to pass those JLPT test by making it easier as possible. How? If they ask for 100 Kanji's for lvl 4, Jpod101 gives you 200. If you take lvl 2, JPod101 wants you to be at the lvl of a lvl 1 student. And for lvl 1: need 2000 Kanji's? JPod101 wants you to learn 3000 Kanji's before taking the exam.
They are trying to make life very hard at the beginning so you can sit back and relax during exams..

Cheers !!! :D

Get 40% OFF
Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » February 10th, 2009 3:27 am

I'd bet that least 80% of the listeners are beginner level or below. The site tends to be geared towards the lower levels.

A lot of the time, it's the beginners themselves who post in Japanese. This is a site designed for learning the language, so it's only natural for people to attempt to use it. It may be frustrating to see kanji-laden lesson comments, but listeners have a right to comment/post however they want, and they're usually aimed at the staff, so you can choose to ignore rather than censor. With Rikai-chan and other translation tools (including your own attempts), you can at least get the gist, even if you can't read kanji.

I appreciate your frustration (we've all been there), but if you're suggesting any sort of change to the way people comment, and especially post in the forum, then I'm inclined to disagree.

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » February 27th, 2009 10:12 pm

Javizy wrote:I'd bet that least 80% of the listeners are beginner level or below. The site tends to be geared towards the lower levels.

A lot of the time, it's the beginners themselves who post in Japanese. This is a site designed for learning the language, so it's only natural for people to attempt to use it. It may be frustrating to see kanji-laden lesson comments, but listeners have a right to comment/post however they want, and they're usually aimed at the staff, so you can choose to ignore rather than censor. With Rikai-chan and other translation tools (including your own attempts), you can at least get the gist, even if you can't read kanji.

I appreciate your frustration (we've all been there), but if you're suggesting any sort of change to the way people comment, and especially post in the forum, then I'm inclined to disagree.

Javizy-san! :wink:

Thank you I definitive agree with you and all your other comments about romaji and friendly envoriment! That's why I said that JP101 is full of intermediate and advanced listeners! :(

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”