a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

iKnow down tomorrow 3/3/09

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

jkid
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

iKnow down tomorrow 3/3/09

Postby jkid » March 2nd, 2009 3:16 pm

So it seems iKnow has some big changes in store for everyone tomorrow.

Tomorrow (Tuesday March 3) we have a huge release planned – the biggest release since the initial launch of the site.

We’ve got a new focus and a completely new UI ready for you. We’re also moving our servers so we can better scale with our growing user base.

Since this is such a big step for us, we’re going to be down a long time, probably all-day tomorrow. It’s difficult to know exactly what time we’ll be back up, as a lot depends on our new systems set-up, but we’ll be back as soon as we’re ready to show you the new us!

So please bear with us, and sorry for the inconvenience. We think the day off will be worth the wait…

Atolm_Dragon
New in Town

Postby Atolm_Dragon » March 2nd, 2009 9:20 pm

WOW how exciting!

Get 40% OFF
Kobukuro
Been Around a Bit

Postby Kobukuro » March 3rd, 2009 7:31 am

I really love iKnow :D !
Does anyone know who is supporting them?
I am very surprised, that everyone has the chance to use it for free :shock: !

jkid

Postby jkid » March 3rd, 2009 10:06 am

iKnow is apparently going to be introducing premium features at a later date in order to start making a profit but the main site will stay free.

spidey
Established Presence

iknow content

Postby spidey » March 3rd, 2009 2:52 pm

My iknow user name is youandspidey

check out my lists. i've made several from Japanesepod101 material.

I hope to share them with you.

If you make some please let know.

Kobukuro
Been Around a Bit

Postby Kobukuro » March 3rd, 2009 3:53 pm

@jkid: Thanks for the information. I have thought, that they are planning something like that.

@spidey: That sounds great! I will check your lists! Well, actually I should start with building my own :? ...

spidey
Established Presence

2 accounts

Postby spidey » March 4th, 2009 1:30 am

I have 2 iknow accounts:

The one with the most info is called "youandcorey"

making those list does really help. Try the record your own voice feature.

danieru_s
Been Around a Bit

Postby danieru_s » March 10th, 2009 11:31 am

smart.fm (formerly iknow) is exactly what I want on japanesepod101.com. My vocab and kanji knowledge have really improved using it. I can't wait for them to solve their growing pains and get performance back.

It's interesting what I see with my circle of friends studying Japanese. Everyone holds a firm link to japanesepod101.com, but have experimented elsewhere:

1. mixi - too hard for non-native speakers.
2. lang-8 - great in the beginning until you realize that you can't type creative blog posts with a limited vocabulary for very long.
3. edufire - my current addiction because it offers me live conversation at zero to near zero cost.
4. smart.fm - my second addiction because I'm seeing progress.

Are there any plans to enhance/repurpose/restructure the premium content here?

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » April 16th, 2009 10:49 pm

Mina-san! :wink:

I'm new to Smart.FM can anyone explain me what to do next please?
Here is my profile add me if you wish, thank you:

http://smart.fm/users/Ulver_684

jkid

Postby jkid » April 17th, 2009 3:42 pm

Ulver_684,
Once your signed up and logged in press the "Lists" button at the top of the page. That will bring you to a page where you can search for lists or add one of the lists that are automatically displayed.

To add a list, click on the title of the list and then click the "Add to my lists" button on the right hand side of the page - just above the "Learning Apps " heading.

Once you click that button the list will be added to your "My Lists" and you can study the list from your "Home" section with one of smart.fm's tools

Ulver_684
Expert on Something

Postby Ulver_684 » May 17th, 2009 8:08 pm

jkid wrote:Ulver_684,
Once your signed up and logged in press the "Lists" button at the top of the page. That will bring you to a page where you can search for lists or add one of the lists that are automatically displayed.

To add a list, click on the title of the list and then click the "Add to my lists" button on the right hand side of the page - just above the "Learning Apps " heading.

Once you click that button the list will be added to your "My Lists" and you can study the list from your "Home" section with one of smart.fm's tools

JKid-san! :wink:

Thank you for your help I already did that but I still don't understand SmartFM can you help me out and explain a little more please! :P

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”