Or sign up using Facebook

What do you use to study?

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

mvogel
New in Town

What do you use to study?

Postby mvogel » January 12th, 2009 9:38 pm

What does everyone use to study?

Of course we all use jpod but what other tools do you use?

I use jpod101, KanjiFlip, and JapaneseFlip on the iPod touch, Rikaichan to read Japanese on the computer, the Nihongo Journal, I have 73 editions most of which I have still yet to read, my wife, Japanese TV, Kiten on the computer (Linux), and the J-E dictionary on my cell phone.

momopeaches
New in Town

Postby momopeaches » January 13th, 2009 1:25 am

すごい。。

I just started using jpod, but before that, I was using Genki 1. I took Japanese for two quarters in college, so I still had the book. I'm still using Genki and flash cards a lot. I have the Kodansha kanji learner's dictionary and the Random House J-E dictionary. I'm still all on pen and paper, sadly...

Get 40% OFF
jazzbeans
Established Presence

Postby jazzbeans » January 14th, 2009 6:37 pm

My Japanese e-penpals and my blog, mainly. (So good).

Then music & Japanese podcasts (Jpod101, but also ones like JOQR - for Japanese people) and I listen to them over and over again, each time being able to understand them more and more.

Sometimes I just search something on sites like Podcastle for a podcast to listen to. I particually loved one I got where they started talking about Japanese tongue-twisters. Interesting.

Books. Usually when writing a blog I use my grammar dictionary, normal dictionaries, etc (I don't do it often, but I should do, actually..).

And finally, movies/TV Shows. When I have the time, I hope to engage myself in them more. I also want to get a Nintendo DS to get Japanese games/tools to help my study! Soon, getting a shadowing book & want to use iKnow.co.jp more, particually to help my speech.

Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » January 14th, 2009 9:00 pm

- Seiichi Makino grammar dictionaries
- Anki: Heisig deck and kanji deck for memorising readings/vocabulary
- JapaneseFlip with furigana off for learning readings/words on my iPod
- iEijiro+'Japanese' dictionaries on my iPod
- bunch of manga/books (including some on my iPod)
- veoh/dramaclick/dvds for watching TV shows and stuff
- jpod and a few other podcasts
- some miscellaneous stuff like some workbooks from White Rabbit Press, other textbooks and web resources, and a cool little kanji game called KanjiPop on my iPod
- e-mail penpal, although I don't like to think that I'm "using" her :lol:

JohnnyPr1827x
New in Town

Postby JohnnyPr1827x » February 8th, 2009 1:48 am

So far i'm using Flash Cards, when i get the chance i'm going to subscribe to Jpod and see if that helps more.

Return to “JapanesePod101 Listener's Lounge”