Or sign up using Facebook

birth of a child, hospital scene

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

mhorie
New in Town

birth of a child, hospital scene

Postby mhorie » February 13th, 2012 9:38 am

can you please do upper-intermediate lesson(s) which includes:

1- a scene where the mom is 8 months pregnant and is discussing natural vs c-section birth, then fast forward to a day when she is having contractions and goes to the hospital and finds out the baby is breach so she has to have a c-section. Then focus on the surgery and the birth.

2- include terms like breach baby, c-section, spinal and epidural anesthesia, recovery room, nursery, etc.

Thanks

Jessi
JapanesePod101.com Team Member

Postby Jessi » February 14th, 2012 12:26 am

Hi mhorieさん,
Thanks for the lesson suggestion! We'll consider it for our Upper Intermediate lessons :)
♪ JapanesePod101.com ♪ 好評配信中!
Leave us a message in the forum if you have any comments, questions, or feedback!

Get 40% OFF
Nish
New in Town

Re: birth of a child, hospital scene

Postby Nish » May 21st, 2014 10:36 pm

I think the whole process is a great idea. I would love to see something throughout the whole process. Could be even a themed couple that you could keep revisiting. Getting engaged, making decision about the wedding, at the wedding, we are pregnant and deciding between private clinics and public hospitals, all the visiting, simple complications ( like suggested above, breech, edema, how Japanese doctors are obsessed with weight, giving birth, then getting your nice steak and lobster dinner after giving birth, deciding the name, and maybe 1 month check up ( which horrified me because I couldn't read a darn thing on those forms! Be great to have a translation of that too.)

community.japanese
Expert on Something

Re: birth of a child, hospital scene

Postby community.japanese » May 27th, 2014 7:42 am

Nish san,
I can understand your frustration.
Living overseas is not easy.
Yuki  由紀
Team JapanesePod101.com

Return to “Japanese Lesson Suggestions”