a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

lack of easy lession

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

snarlykins
New in Town

lack of easy lession

Postby snarlykins » April 11th, 2009 2:35 pm

I first want to say that I think this website & forum are wonderful.

But, I was recently sent a reminder that, I have not upgraded my account to basic or premium after my trial membership. I would love to but, I find most of the lessons way over my head. The only lesson I found I could follow, and truly absorb is eating out lesson # 1. Before I upgrade I would have to see some absolute beginner lessons, with main survival type words, broken down & repeated several time, with less of a conversational feel.
Thanks you

Javizy
Expert on Something

Postby Javizy » April 11th, 2009 7:27 pm

There are literally hundreds of easy lessons on this website. You should check the two newbie series, the original beginner series, and the survival phrases series from the very beginning. They all start with saying hello and introducing yourself, and are delivered completely in English. I started with the beginner series without knowing a word of the language, and I think the only hiccups I encountered were previously uncovered grammar points slipping their way into unrelated lessons towards the very end.

All the words are broken down in the vocabulary section, and you can review them further with the additional tracks included with the premium subscription. Having words introduced outside of any context isn't going to help you at all, so the dialogues are a great way to help you learn to use the words naturally. If you still struggle, try printing PDF's and using them as a guide to help you.

Get 40% OFF
reese313
New in Town

Postby reese313 » April 11th, 2009 10:43 pm

You should try starting with survival phrases. It's very easy and it has those key phrases you are looking for. I would also suggest reading the pdf along with the lessons. It makes it easier to follow along with the lessons when you actually see the word your saying. I would also suggest getting familiar with the sounds of the japanese alphabet as soon as possible if you haven't already done so.

Return to “Japanese Lesson Suggestions”