Or sign up using Facebook

2 features, lacking or incomplete

Moderators: Moderator Team, Admin Team

JuicyTripy
New in Town

2 features, lacking or incomplete

Postby JuicyTripy » October 16th, 2014 2:33 pm

Hello,

I have been using japanesepod101 as well as the same website for german with a premium membership for over a month now and so far I must say that I am happy with what I get. Yet, there are two things that are really missing and it would help tremendesouly for studying.

I am first talking about exercices to practice the grammar points and vocabuary in context. The 5 questions or so offered as a quizz in each lesson is a joke, like sometimes when the speaker say "tons of material to really reinforce what you learned today". Well, it's true that the pdf have some content but it's mostly the same stuff said during the audio. In the end, reading over and doing flashcard (which is a great feature regardless) is unfortunately not enough to remember new stuff and how to use freshly learned grammar point, especially for someone who tries to do several lessons a week.

The second feature that is seriously lacking, or should I rather say incomplete, has to do with sample sentances. There are very few words who have an example attached and it would really help to have one or two sample sentances available as a reference when we do the flashcard reviewing. I saw in this very forum that someone already mentionned this problem in 2012 but I also see that nothing has been seriously done about this, although a promise was made.

This 2 features would seriously help and I hope you will introduce them. To speak frankly, at least about the exercices feature, although I'm quite satisfied with audio pod for now, I believe that the ability to exercise impacts the effectiveness of learning so much that without it, the long terms results brought by your method seem questionnable, and, therefore, chances are that I will not renew my subscription after this year. I'll see...

One last thing, making an app for each language would be muchhhh more convenient for learners of multiple languages, rather than offering only a single app for all, because now we have to log in and out every time we wish to study another language and when you don't have the best smartphone on the market it can be tiring.

Good job and good luck with improving the service for demanding customer like me.
Cheers
Last edited by JuicyTripy on November 1st, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lauralanda
Expert on Something

Re: 2 features, lacking or incomplete

Postby lauralanda » October 20th, 2014 9:40 am

Hi JuicyTripy,

Thank you for posting!
We are glad to hear that you have been studying Japanese and German here with us.
We appreciate your feedback and suggestions, it will be consider for sure.
Please, let us know if you have questions regarding our lessons.

Kind regards,
Laura
Team JapanesePod101.com

Get 40% OFF
david1816
New in Town

Re: 2 features, lacking or incomplete

Postby david1816 » November 26th, 2014 1:04 am

Totally agree with all the points above.

There seems to be very little in the way of practice opportunities provided - more would be a big help!!

Return to “Feature Requests”